Swipe required despite PIN set?

daf999999

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I have my S6 active set to lock after 10 minutes (but not lock on power key) and to unlock with entry of pin. That works fine. But if I unlock and then hit the power key to turn off screen - when I turn on the screen 2 minutes later it requires me to swipe the screen to use it. I would like to disable the redundant swipe -- in other words, while the phone is unlocked I would like to be able to turn the screen on and off without having to swipe to access

I can't find any setting to fix this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know there's no way to remove that two-steps unlocking. You can limit when your phone will lock using the Smart lock options. Maybe there's a custom rom that changes the unlock settings but I've never heard of such a thing.

daf999999

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried in Settings > lockscreen & security > secure lock settings?

None of the suggestions eliminate the "second swipe" issue I raised above. I suspect that its purpose is to avoid **** dials but it is incredibly annoying and may cause me to return the phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
None of the suggestions eliminate the "second swipe" issue I raised above. I suspect that its purpose is to avoid **** dials but it is incredibly annoying and may cause me to return the phone.

My last post was a reply to Clevendore's question. As I said before, I haven't found a way to avoid that swipe up before unlocking. I'll include the quote to avoid confusion.

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
This was already addressed in a previous thread. There's no way to disable the swipe, but you can get around it by using a third party launcher and binding the active key to it. Then enable the active key during lock screen and use it in place of the power key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45