Switched back to TouchWiz, battery life improved big time

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I remember how awesome the battery life was when I first got my S7, a few days later, I noticed that it's draining like no tomorrow even though all apps are closed and doze is set to optimize them all.

Then I remembered, the only change I did recently was I installed the Google Now Launcher.

So I uninstalled it and went back to TouchWiz and now my battery life is awesome again, it barely drops if I am not using the phone unlike with the Google Now Launcher, it was dropping as if I was using the phone when I wasn't even touching it.

I suggest you do the same even if you are on a diff. launcher like Nova Prime or any other just to see if it makes a difference

Coffeeman

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I am running Nova Prime and thankfully my battery life does not seem to be any worse than when I was running Touch Wiz...Maybe Google Now has a negative battery impact, but Nova seems ok.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I am running Nova Prime and thankfully my battery life does not seem to be any worse than when I was running Touch Wiz...Maybe Google Now has a negative battery impact, but Nova seems ok.

right, glad it isn't a problem. I think the Google Now features in the Google Now launcher may be the reason behind this huge battery drain.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying out Nova and it's fairly similar to using TW but when I had Google Now my battery life dropped by an average of hours. This upset me because I rocked it on my M8 and I didn't have such a disparity.

Make it so.

nderic77

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I love the Google Now launcher because of the cards, but this thread has me wondering whether I could be getting even better battery life if I were to switch back to Touchwiz. Currently, I can go from full at 5am to 30% at 4pm with moderate use, including a total of about 90 minutes of using Cool Reader to read an ebook. This is a dilemma because I am not a big fan of Flipboard. Hmm...

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I love the Google Now launcher because of the cards, but this thread has me wondering whether I could be getting even better battery life if I were to switch back to Touchwiz. Currently, I can go from full at 5am to 30% at 4pm with moderate use, including a total of about 90 minutes of using Cool Reader to read an ebook. This is a dilemma because I am not a big fan of Flipboard. Hmm...

try TouchWiz for a while, but totally uninstall any other launcher you have.

I hate Flip Board so much, just tap and hold anywhere on your home screen, then swipe left till you see Flip Board, then tap and hold on it and remove it up to delete that junk

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
try TouchWiz for a while, but totally uninstall any other launcher you have.

I hate Flip Board so much, just tap and hold anywhere on your home screen, then swipe left till you see Flip Board, then tap and hold on it and remove it up to delete that junk

LOL!! Just what about Flipboard do you hate so much? Redundant stories?

zoey_uu

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I have had the same experience with galaxy S7. I uninstalled the google now launcher and my battery life improved from 12 hours to 24 hours easily with the same usage. The fact that my phone was draining battery overnight was driving me crazy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34