Switched from Pixel 3xl to Note 10! Mistake

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I switched from the pixel 3 and the 10 plus is the fastest device I have ever owned. The camera isn't as good but not that bad the screen is beautiful compared to the pixel. Let's see what Google does with the 4 to see if they can compete.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I switched from the pixel 3 and the 10 plus is the fastest device I have ever owned. The camera isn't as good but not that bad the screen is beautiful compared to the pixel. Let's see what Google does with the 4 to see if they can compete.

My thoughts exactly. The 10+ is awesome. I think the Pixel is better all around when it comes to taking picture from color accuracy to sharpness to night shots but the 10+ is still pretty good.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Action launcher is similar or there is Pixel Launcher and Lawnchair launcher. Those three are closest to the Pixel experience. I think Lawnchair is totally free. Just like the pixel but with icon pack compatibility.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.deletescape.lawnchair.plah

I am using Action Launcher with my Pixel 2XL.
I was gonna say, you can use Action Launcher or Nova and basically turn any phone into a Pixel.

Current S10 home screen.
fbb71bc865bdc3e21d8cf28051a01f67.jpg

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've used Google phones since Nexus One and also switched to Note 10. I dont get OP. The hardware and even software is better then my Pixel 3. OS has more features (some very useful), hardware is much better, and phone is faster too, battery lasts much longer. I am looking forward to Pixel 4 but it will be hard to beat the Note

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've used Google phones since Nexus One and also switched to Note 10. I dont get OP. The hardware and even software is better then my Pixel 3. OS has more features (some very useful), hardware is much better, and phone is faster too, battery lasts much longer. I am looking forward to Pixel 4 but it will be hard to beat the Note
I agree. The Note 10 is better than the Pixel 3 series in every way with the exception of the camera and camera software. Now the Pixel 4 may be a little different. We will have to see. But as everyone knows it comes down to personal preference. I used to buy every Note device. But I realized that a lot of what Samsung offers I didn't use or need. There are some like me that really enjoy the pure Google experience. Many of the Pixel aesthetic and feature set can be duplicated on many other devices. But it isn't the same overall.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried a recent Samsung as well (S10) and while it was a great phone, I still prefer my Pixel 3. The display on the S10 is beautiful and I like some of the features on the Samsungs, but I found the Pixel 3 just easier to use as a daily driver. Hard to quantify exactly. There's just something about the Pixels..

One thing I don't like about the newer Samsungs are the curved displays on such thin phones. They're not as comfortable in the hand and even with the setting to prevent ghost touches on they still happened frequently.

To each their own.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Give it a bit more time, and undo the things you don't like using Nova. Then use Samsung's Messaging app, browser, phone app etc. They're optimized for one handed use in such a huge phone and once you get used to them, it's hard to go back. Also try the new Dex app. Finally, make sure you do switch to GBoard. I've used both extensively and learned to prefer OneUI plus Nova. It took me a few weeks.
I decided to take advantage of Samsung giving me $600 in credits + $100 in accessories to give them my old Pixel 3xl for their new Note 10. It cost me $350 to get their new phone. I was looking forward to trying it out since the phone is physically smaller with the same size screen. What a mistake! I cannot believe how much I dislike this phone. Samsung has convoluted Android so much, that nothing is intuitive. I last tried Samsung with a Galaxy 6 edge (I think) and quickly sold it. I have heard that Samsung has made improvements with their skin on android, but it is still awful. I cannot wait for the Pixel 4 to come out! I'm going to jump on the pre-order and sell this POS as soon as possible. The only reason I write this is so others do not trade their Pixels in without living with a Samsung for a week or two. It is misery.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The Note 10 is better than the Pixel 3 series in every way with the exception of the camera and camera software. Now the Pixel 4 may be a little different. We will have to see. But as everyone knows it comes down to personal preference. I used to buy every Note device. But I realized that a lot of what Samsung offers I didn't use or need. There are some like me that really enjoy the pure Google experience. Many of the Pixel aesthetic and feature set can be duplicated on many other devices. But it isn't the same overall.

Yes camera is the only negative. I think day pictures are better on Note while everything else is better on Pixel. But there is Gcam port and Pro mode in stock app that both get the job done similar to Pixel. I think hardware is good, it's the software for camera that's causing all the issues.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried a recent Samsung as well (S10) and while it was a great phone, I still prefer my Pixel 3. The display on the S10 is beautiful and I like some of the features on the Samsungs, but I found the Pixel 3 just easier to use as a daily driver. Hard to quantify exactly. There's just something about the Pixels..

One thing I don't like about the newer Samsungs are the curved displays on such thin phones. They're not as comfortable in the hand and even with the setting to prevent ghost touches on they still happened frequently.

To each their own.

I returned S10, Note 10 I like more. I thought curved edges will be an issue as well. But my phone is cased 100% of time and when in case its actually easier to use then Pixel without edges

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes camera is the only negative. I think day pictures are better on Note while everything else is better on Pixel. But there is Gcam port and Pro mode in stock app that both get the job done similar to Pixel. I think hardware is good, it's the software for camera that's causing all the issues.
I've been OK with the camera. I find results different from Pixel but not always a clear winner.