Switching from rim to droid

E.2da.D

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
hey just got on the now network and got the HTC hero... SO i am saying HELLO to my fellow SuperHEROs lol i used to have the blackberry tour on vzw which i still have nothing but good things to say about BLACKBERRY lol vzw on the other hand. i dont have that much time.

i hope to have as great of an experience with droid that i had with blackberry:)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of things to miss about a BlackBerry. I absolutely miss the messaging system. I loved the physical keyboard, especially the 8330 keyboard. I miss push email and notifications. I miss the calendar. And I definitely miss the battery life.

prometheus

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of things to miss about a BlackBerry. I absolutely miss the messaging system. I loved the physical keyboard, especially the 8330 keyboard. I miss push email and notifications. I miss the calendar. And I definitely miss the battery life.

**disclaimer** I'm just teasing here, not trying to troll or rile anyone up. I'm an ex-bb user and I had the same initial longings for all things berry. Don't worry, the pain will pass and will be replaced by sweet Android bliss.

Lots to miss about a Blackberry?? Sure... battery pulls, random reboots, leaking memory, hourglasses spinning endlessly, horrible apps, lousy GPS, oh... the good old days with bb (*sniff*)

You miss notifications? HUH? stupid Android.... no notifications. Seriously... I'm NOT understanding you here. Do you mean profiles?

You miss the calendar? HUH? that was like a 1980's calendar that was only ONE calendar. The Android can link as many calendars as you want to as many email accounts as you want, on screen widgets with skins and all sorts of options, and free calendar apps - The calendar on thsis device is crazily better than BB's lousy, clunky, ugly one.

Battery life... well, you got me there. However, I would expect the battery to die on my Droid 10 times faster - it does 10 times more.

highwayman1224

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
**disclaimer** I'm just teasing here, not trying to troll or rile anyone up. I'm an ex-bb user and I had the same initial longings for all things berry. Don't worry, the pain will pass and will be replaced by sweet Android bliss.

Lots to miss about a Blackberry?? Sure... battery pulls, random reboots, leaking memory, hourglasses spinning endlessly, horrible apps, lousy GPS, oh... the good old days with bb (*sniff*)

You miss notifications? HUH? stupid Android.... no notifications. Seriously... I'm NOT understanding you here. Do you mean profiles?

You miss the calendar? HUH? that was like a 1980's calendar that was only ONE calendar. The Android can link as many calendars as you want to as many email accounts as you want, on screen widgets with skins and all sorts of options, and free calendar apps - The calendar on thsis device is crazily better than BB's lousy, clunky, ugly one.

Battery life... well, you got me there. However, I would expect the battery to die on my Droid 10 times faster - it does 10 times more.
Damn dude, don't get your panties in a bunch. The guy was just telling you his experience with his blackberry, to each his own.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

I was referring to push notifications with messaging programs like Facebook, Twitter, etc. There are negatives about the Blackberry devices, some of which you have stated in your reply. Because of some of those, I have left BlackBerry and gone to Android. But there are a lot of things that I miss about Blackberry smartphones.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not even thinking twice about my Blackberry most of the time. But there are two things that jump out and make me miss it a lil bit: The keyboard and faster response. I thought it would be annoying to have to type on my Hero, but thanks to the auto-complete, its not so bad. However, the fat-finger-wrong-letter press does make me mad at times, especially if I need to type in a hurry. The sluggishness of the Hero at times annoys me too, especially when it responds to an action 2-3 seconds late.

Other than those two gripes........I have no regrets making the switch!!!:)

nimhero

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The sluggishness eventually gets better. I miss my bb keyboard. That's about it. When I had it, no threaded texts, os with far too many bugs. Seriously always crashed or froze,and browser was lacking horribly. Just my feelings though.

E.2da.D

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL.... Oh i can tell i am going to enjoy these forums like i did bb's .. thank you everyone for all your comments. lol on and off subject.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp