Swype and talk

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I saw on a video about the thrive, using Swype and that it was on there. Where do I find it and activate it?

What is the talk app on the thrive? and how or why would I want to use it?

Tapatalk is not the same at the talk app?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
To switch to the Swype keyboard, just touch a text field (to activate the keyboard) and then click the keyboard icon that appears next to the clock. A menu will pop up and Swype is one of the options.

A cool note about Swype on this tablet is that if you are used to it on an Android phone, you can shrink the size of it so that it takes up less real estate. Just tap the bottom right key on the Swype keyboard to shrink and stretch it (there are only two size options).

The Talk app is Google Talk. This is Google's instant messaging client. A nice thing about the Talk app on Honeycomb is that you can use the front facing camera for video chat.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
To switch to the Swype keyboard, just touch a text field (to activate the keyboard) and then click the keyboard icon that appears next to the clock. A menu will pop up and Swype is one of the options.

A cool note about Swype on this tablet is that if you are used to it on an Android phone, you can shrink the size of it so that it takes up less real estate. Just tap the bottom right key on the Swype keyboard to shrink and stretch it (there are only two size options).

The Talk app is Google Talk. This is Google's instant messaging client. A nice thing about the Talk app on Honeycomb is that you can use the front facing camera for video chat.

Thanks illwood, I finally found it with your instructions, still learning what all I can do on my Thrive. lol.
New to the Android as well.

So the Talk app, could only be used by others with google messaging?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks illwood, I finally found it with your instructions, still learning what all I can do on my Thrive. lol.
New to the Android as well.

So the Talk app, could only be used by others with google messaging?

You are welcome.

Yes, you are correct that Talk can only be used with others with Google Talk. The video chat will work with users on PCs.

Reactions: nonie

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the Swype experience on the Tablet that much. I use it all the time on my Evo, but found it took too much time on the larger screen, I may go back and try again now that I know you can re-size it.

If you're looking for an Alternative try Swift Key for Tablets. It's a bit pricey but I love the layout. The predictive typing works well on it, and even better after you've used it for a while.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to identify the (non-swype) KB on my Inspire? I have two KB options: "swype" and "qwerty" (but no idea WHICH qwerty). I love the KB identified as "qwerty" soooo much because it is completely (for me) intuitive and therefore fassssst.

I'd love to be able to put this qwerty KB on my Thrive! (But I know not what to search for.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones