Swype app says trial period is over, but I can't purchase the app

EsEllEmm

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I like using the Swype keyboard on my phone (Note 9.) I know that a Swype-like feature is now standard on the Note 9, but in my experience it just doesn't work quite as well as the genuine Swype app that I had on my last phone as standard.

Sadly I discovered that Swype as a company went under. But luckily I found the apk for the Swype keyboard, and I installed it. But today suddenly the app says that the trial period is over and prompts me to buy the app. But when I click the link to, it just sends me to a never-ending loading screen in the Play Store. I presume it's because you can't actually buy the app any more since the company is out of business.

So what can I do to keep using this keyboard? I'd gladly pay and buy the app, but that doesn't seem possible any more. All I have now is an app nagging me to purchase the full version that seems to be impossible to purchase.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The bottom line - you won't be able to. As time goes on I imagine that keyboard would stop working anyway as the oldest API that Android supports moves past the last API the keyboard used.