Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Humm, you got the wrong version somehow. When you clicked the invite link with your phone make sure your have "enable mobile view" check marked in the browser options.

Also if you have an older version installed make sure you uninstall it before you try again. If that doesn't help you out, I suggest you travel over to their forums where the devs can help you figure it out.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
my friends Moto Droid had that same problem - I uninstalled both Swype and the Swype installer and started from scratch and it finally registered

could just be their servers are hammered with Beta testers trying to get it installed

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my friends Moto Droid had that same problem - I uninstalled both Swype and the Swype installer and started from scratch and it finally registered

could just be their servers are hammered with Beta testers trying to get it installed

yep your right, did it again and it installed!

nmyeti

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the new beta, just uninstall and re-download it. I had this happen, took 3x installs and then it finally worked correctly. I kept the .apk of the old "ported" non official beta version around just in case. Swype is pretty cool, i think for one handed txting it works much better than trying to tap letters with your thumb.

mturner7472

May 28, 2010
Visit site
when i click on the link from my email invite, i get a webpage that says "Sorry! This is not an Android Phone" ... and yes, i'm pulling up the site on my phone, not my desktop :)

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
love swype glad they re opened the beta again. only problem i had was i was on 2.2 rom Bugless beast and swype did not like 2.2 i went back to 2.1 rom and installed no problem and i will stay 2.1 just to have swype its awesome

BigRichieRich

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
swype saying it doesnt recognize my evo as an android

I tried to get the swype beta after I sent it to ny email when I click the link it goes to a page that says my evo is not an android device. Does it just not work for the evo?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe