Swype BETA (6/16/2010) - Discuss Here

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
swype punctuation?

Is there an easier way to use swype with punctuation? instead of long pressing like swype to the ? or ! i noticed that you can swype over the ' and it will insert it but can't figure out if there is an easier way to ask a ? lol

eazid

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been using a no expiring apk for a while. But I finally got the beta! Only thing is it seems the beta tends to lag sometimes. Nothing crazy. It's almost unnoticeable. But just a note.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Still can't get it load. Keeps telling me I all ready have it installed so it fails. I have no clue what to do

JohnnyKat

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
having trouble with the tutorial!

Downloaded fine and have it turned on, but the tutorial "Swype is quick" never completely finishes! It just shows the action, but I can't do anything else.

I can TYPE with swype in an email or SSM, but can not SWYPE! Am I doing it wrong? Any ideas?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
having trouble with the tutorial!

Downloaded fine and have it turned on, but the tutorial "Swype is quick" never completely finishes! It just shows the action, but I can't do anything else.

I can TYPE with swype in an email or SSM, but can not SWYPE! Am I doing it wrong? Any ideas?

I had the same exact issue before and all I did was reinstall Swype and it's working now.

Captain Amazing

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
Still can't get it load. Keeps telling me I all ready have it installed so it fails. I have no clue what to do

Go to your manage applications screen and see if Swype is there. If it is, uninstall it. Don't uninstall the Swype installer though. Then try to install swype again.

A similar thing happened to me.

jeffsanace

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Love this keyboard, even more now that I found where the arrow keys are. Typing on my Evo is insanly fast. I tried others, but always deleted them. I couldn't get used to them, this I picked up immediately. Simply loving it. Hope every one else is too.

Sent from my EVO using Swype and Tapatalk!

dchamero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
BIG swype problem

I LOVE swype!!!!, but I have a terrible problem, when using the Messaging application (SMS) on my HTC Evo, it appears to be working ok, but every 2 or 3 messages I send, the recipient receives garbage (BUT I see it ok on my phone).

I tried with the regular keyboard and it does not happens, but with swype it happens randomly....

Has anyone seen such a problem? Is there any other SMS application I should try?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Why does it keep telling me I have already installed? I've deleted the dl location the app ran cache cleaner rebooted then downloaded again and same thing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe