Sync S Memos with Google Docs?

YinYang0718

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a lot of memos, and I wanted to make sure they were synced with google in case my Galaxy S3 breaks down or something. However, when I try to sync them with Google Docs, it doesn't work. Here is what I did:
1. Opened the S Memo app
2. Tapped the Menu button (bottom left box-shaped button) and chose 'Sync'
3. Clicked Google Docs
4. Clicked 'Select All' then 'Sync' at the top right
5. Got a notification that says: Sync your memos with Google Docs or transfer individual memos
6. Attempted to sign in with my Gmail ID and password, clicked 'Log In'
7. Got a notification: [Google docs logo] 'Sync your memos with Google Docs or transfer individual memos'. Under it was: 'Not logged in' and 'Last sync: No data'
8. Clicked 'Sync now'
9. The quickly fading box underneath said 'Log-in failed' and I was returned to step 5 with the login info in step 6.

I don't know what exactly to do, and I would pretty please like some advice, thank you!
-Theresa :confused:

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I've tried syncing to a couple different apps. The only way to sync SMemo & have your memos retain the original formatting is to sync to a Samsung account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

YinYang0718

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Darn, ok then. Thank you! How do I import them to my computer so I can delete them off my phone? Every time I try to edit older ones, I get asked if I want to sync with my Samsung account, and its pretty much every time even though its already set up, and I cant even access them on my phone. Its going to be easier editing for me to transfer them to my computer since I cant sync with Google. It seems my phone doesn't import all of them either, and I didnt see individuals when I attempted one at a time. Thank you for helping me! I'm awful with technology!

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi, try the following which worked for me on my S4:
Select S Memo App
Menu
Export
-select S Note file (.snb) OPTION
- select All or just the memos you want to export.
- click DONE
New screen is displayed providing options for you to Select Google Docs, Evernote or ' My Files'*

Good luck

tshiker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
YinYang

I did exactly as you described and it worked fine for me with my S3 running 4.3. Do you have a google doc's account set up? The only thing was a window popped up asking me my gmail name and password.

Good luck!

Last edited:

AuKuswara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
i think you can just locate the "snb" file inside your android and basically copy that off from your device. to "archive" it elsewhere. you can find the "S Note" folder in your internal memory, and the folders there depict the folder structure of the S Note, then you can see snb files, where each is a notebook.

you can move it around, or move it to DropBox or to External SD, just use file explorer app like ES or something.

does that help?

actually navigating through the S Notes, and organizing it moving it in and out of folders using ES is much faster than using the S Notes itself, just tap on the one you want to read, and S Notes will appear. it's just the S Notes app it self doesn't have a very good interface to organize the files.

AuKuswara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
i think you can just locate the "snb" file inside your android and basically copy that off from your device. to "archive" it elsewhere. you can find the "S Note" folder in your internal memory, and the folders there depict the folder structure of the S Note, then you can see snb files, where each is a notebook.

you can move it around, or move it to DropBox or to External SD, just use file explorer app like ES or something.

does that help?

actually navigating through the S Notes, and organizing it moving it in and out of folders using ES is much faster than using the S Notes itself, just tap on the one you want to read, and S Notes will appear. it's just the S Notes app it self doesn't have a very good interface to organize the files.

And if you have multiple Samsung devices, (in my case I have Note 10.1 and Note 2), and I wish to sync the S Notes between them. Syncing itself is not a biggie, but organizing it across them can be a nightmare.
So I just set both to sync to Google Doc and I install Google Doc App on my notebook, so it makes a folder pretty much like DropBox. Then I can do a bit of organizing from the PC and sync it across. But need pay attention to consistencies and duplicates if you have heaps things in the S Notes and need to classify them orderly.
Any better ways of doing it, I would like to hear. As I still think this need improvements.

Sultan Hasan

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Go to your google account settings.
Then, Under "Signing In" find "Access for Less Secure Apps" and Click it.
Then, Turn on "Access for less secure apps" and you are good to go.

:cool:

True Grit

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Go to your google account settings.
Then, Under "Signing In" find "Access for Less Secure Apps" and Click it.
Then, Turn on "Access for less secure apps" and you are good to go.

:cool:

Oh, don't bother. I could not find a Menu option in my memo. So I said to hell with it and I'm using Google Keep. I love it

Wendy Keyko

May 27, 2016
Visit site
saya memakai samsung galaxy star plus.
bagaimana cara sycn memo dari memo to google docs. menggunakan id & pasword. sudah dimasukan email ke memo to sycn yang sama dengan google docs tidak bisa failed log in. please help me..

thx u
brother

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos