T-Mobile note 5 finally gets marshmallow!!!

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I restored my phone after the marshmallow update and now it runs really smooth, even much better than before the update. The biggest surprise is the battery life! It has almost doubled!!!

Qoheleth

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
For perspective: This is the first time a Note has gotten the OS update before the next model was released with the new OS. I'll probably still be interested in what the Note 6 has to offer, but one factor (finally) won't be getting the current OS faster.
(I know. I know. #firstworldproblems)

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The one thing I hate any this update, I don't have to use my nice wireless charger I have at work. It lights up blue when my phones in it charging.

I updated a bunch of apps on wifi at work today. I never get on but Samsung wanted some updates and those are done on wifi, so I checked Google play.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 5025.jpg
    5025.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 60

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does everyone here do a full restore after the update? I updated the other day but didn't factory restore reset my Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Does everyone here do a full restore after the update? I updated the other day but didn't factory restore reset my Note 5.

I didn't. I did shut off and turn on my phone, but that's it.

Posted via the *Note 5*

suthern_man

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Updated mine last Saturday, I think it was. So far, there's a lot more to like than to dislike, IMO.

For one thing, the one touch call/msg function is back. Finally! My battery usage seems to be a little more frugal, too. Lots of little subtleties in the OS, none of which comes to mind just now.

The default clock/weather widget still sucks. Finally just ditched it in favor of Digi Clock. For the weather, until I can find a decent replacement, guess I'll just have to waste two seconds every time while the app from a local TV station loads. {sigh} What slaves to instant gratification we have become.

My only real complaint is that the stupid power saving alert has taken up permanent residence on my lock screen. Do I say screw it and forego the battery life or just try to ignore the constant, irrevocable notice that my phone is still eating up resources, and at least some of that battery life, solely for the purpose of reminding me that my phone is scrimping on its battery usage.

Still, like I said, there's a lot more to like about Marshmallow over Lollipop.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have 7 screens (I like them with few apps each) and just accidentally pressed a screen button down at the bottom and it jumps right to it. Did MM bring that option back? I also tried it with the app drawer and it worked. I love that. Missed it so much after one of the previous updates.

Posted via the *Note 5*

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Updated mine last Saturday, I think it was. So far, there's a lot more to like than to dislike, IMO.

For one thing, the one touch call/msg function is back. Finally! My battery usage seems to be a little more frugal, too. Lots of little subtleties in the OS, none of which comes to mind just now.

The default clock/weather widget still sucks. Finally just ditched it in favor of Digi Clock. For the weather, until I can find a decent replacement, guess I'll just have to waste two seconds every time while the app from a local TV station loads. {sigh} What slaves to instant gratification we have become.

My only real complaint is that the stupid power saving alert has taken up permanent residence on my lock screen. Do I say screw it and forego the battery life or just try to ignore the constant, irrevocable notice that my phone is still eating up resources, and at least some of that battery life, solely for the purpose of reminding me that my phone is scrimping on its battery usage.

Still, like I said, there's a lot more to like about Marshmallow over Lollipop.

I use the Weather & Clock widget https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.devexpert.weather&token=S8HErNQo and then just create a large widget on my home screen. Has the date, time, 5 day forecast, wind speed, humidity $ battery %.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I 200% recommend weather timeline, it's the greatest weather app I've ever seen. It costs a few bucks but it's worth every penny

From my AT&T Note 5 paired with my larger Asus Zenwatch 2

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is putting items in folders on the bottom new? I don't remember being able to do this before Marshmellow.
I did this by accident.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Attachments

• 5277.jpg
    5277.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 40

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Since the MM update I got yesterday, I'm unable to attach photos or screenshot to my texts. Anyone have an idea what to do?

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Since the MM update I got yesterday, I'm unable to attach photos or screenshot to my texts. Anyone have an idea what to do?

This Note 5 is new to me, less than a week but I love that I can split screen and just drag a picture to the text app....

_-Technologytwitt-_

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Got the update. Having serious issues with data connectivity on out-of-screen apps. Torrents apps not working. Facebook app won't update feed without resetting the app. Really dissapointed. Very smooth and nicely made UI, however. Would like to get back to factory version.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Got the update. Having serious issues with data connectivity on out-of-screen apps. Torrents apps not working. Facebook app won't update feed without resetting the app. Really dissapointed. Very smooth and nicely made UI, however. Would like to get back to factory version.

I find my FB feed updates fine if power saving is off. With it on I have to close most other apps that are running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984