t mobile version question

bracque

Apr 25, 2018
Visit site
I have never had a carrier phone before, always factory unlocked.

Will the t mobile version of this phone lesson the experience at all, aside from maybe delayed updates?

With the 2 for 1 sale on now at t mobile the price is obviously great so i am tempted.

Thanks

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
no. the experience should be almost identical, if not completely identical. just a few extra apps installed and some of them are removable. I just did the 2 for 1 deal and I have not had any concerns or issues with it.

deacon33

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I just got the BOGO from T-mobile last weekend. I am coming from the OnePlus 5T (Lava Red edition which will be going up on Swappa shortly). There are aspects of the unlocked which I prefer but being able to remove/delete/hide bloatware is huge.

I've not begun to scratch the surface of what the G7 has to offer but it's been a great experience so far. I'm happy that my wife needed (wanted really, not a need) a new phone. She's is absolutely more happy with the G7 than I've ever seen her with a new piece of tech. My wife is a technophobe. As a plus, we looked at the phones over July 4th weekend when T-Mo did not have the BOGO deal. I saw the deal back on and picked them up behind her back. Bonus points for me. (A happy wife is a happy life).

If you do pull the trigger and are not happy just take it back within 14 days...keep us posted :)

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I went from unlocked phones to buying my G7 as a Tmobile version (unlocked). Other than the Tmo boot screen, I never even notice that it's a carrier phone. In fact, I completely forget until I restart.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I just got the BOGO from T-mobile last weekend. I am coming from the OnePlus 5T (Lava Red edition which will be going up on Swappa shortly). There are aspects of the unlocked which I prefer but being able to remove/delete/hide bloatware is huge.

I've not begun to scratch the surface of what the G7 has to offer but it's been a great experience so far. I'm happy that my wife needed (wanted really, not a need) a new phone. She's is absolutely more happy with the G7 than I've ever seen her with a new piece of tech. My wife is a technophobe. As a plus, we looked at the phones over July 4th weekend when T-Mo did not have the BOGO deal. I saw the deal back on and picked them up behind her back. Bonus points for me. (A happy wife is a happy life).

If you do pull the trigger and are not happy just take it back within 14 days...keep us posted :)
My wife is living hers too, the screen and camera particularly.

As far as the original question goes, I know Verizon neuters some, if not all, of their phones. A buddy of mine has a Verizon G6, and it is missing theming and LG world stuff that my T-Mobile version has. T-Mobile used to remove some functionality, but I haven't noticed them doing that anymore.