Tab A6

CanKen

May 15, 2023
Visit site
First, sorry for probably putting this in the wrong place, I couldn't find the right one!
I've been asked to help with a neighbour's Tab A6. He has learning difficulties, so I'm not sure how he got into the situation.
The tablet boots to a welcome screen, unfortunately it's in Spanish. It does seem to give the choice of scrolling to different languages, but will not respond. It is stuck on that screen.
Rebooting by holding the power and vol down buttons returns it to the same screen.
I've even tried disconnecting the battery, but get the same result on restart.
Any help would be appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like the Welcome screen from a new device (or after a formatted/reset one). Does anything else in the screen respond?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That unfortunately sounds like a motherboard issue since it, apparently, formatted itself and you have no screen touch input. You could try to connect an external mouse through the USB port and change the language/initiate the set up process, but if the screen is non-responsive, it would still need to be sent in for repair.

Last thing I can think of is to try to boot up into Safe Mode just to check if the screen responds there or not.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocBones69