Tab S3 is NO LONGER charging...

Almazon

Sep 22, 2019
Visit site
Heya guys,

I have Tab S3 and I love it. This is my Second Tablet from Samsung.
I had it for over one year and never had any issues.

About 2 days ago I found out that my Tab S3 is no longer charging. Whenever I insert the charging cable battery Status icon is NOT changing...

It's either the charge stays at the same % when my Tab S3 is ON or slowly charging when it's OFF. Both times with charging cable connected.

Once charging cable is disconnected % starts dropping...

I have tried 3 different cables (including ORIGINAL from SAMSUNG) with 3 different SAMSUNG chargers. Including charging via USB from PC. No luck...

When connecting to PC via USB, it gives me an error:

USB Device Not Recognized

I chated with Samsung Support pro, who advised me to reboot in Safe Mode, but since there was NO change in Battery Charge, he said I "need to send the device to service center as the device doesn't show the connection in safe mode"

As I am reading posts from other people who have similar issues I starting to lean towards maybe it is related to the latest upgrade of PIE?

Thank you in advance,
Almazon

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you also try a different charging plug (i.e., the plug that goes into the wall outlet)?

Also, make sure the charging port is clear of any debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out, and a small Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
As I am reading posts from other people who have similar issues I starting to lean towards maybe it is related to the latest upgrade of PIE?

I'm having no such trouble with mine after the Pie update, and I think @milleniumdroid (who has been critical of recent updates to the device) will agree that the Pie update is actually quite good.

anon(10181084)

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm having no such trouble with mine after the Pie update, and I think @milleniumdroid (who has been critical of recent updates to the device) will agree that the Pie update is actually quite good.
Yup. The Pie update is pretty good although performance is still sometimes flaky (but still better, at the cost of CPU temps sometimes hitting 95C). Battery life is pretty great too, and charging works nicely. As for OP's issues, it is either a dirty/broken USB port or a potential hardware failure with the USB interface on the tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol