Tablet extremely slow charging...

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 since January, at first no issues what so ever but lately it takes FOREVER to charge (once in a while I let the battery drain until the tablet turns itself off (mostly when it's giving me issues with charging). When I first got it no issues, I could use it while it was charging, it would continue charging no problem, would be fully charged within 4 hours max (not that long usually mostly 2 - 2.5 hours) but well for example yesterday night I let it drain completely cause of it draining while in use (found something while googling on "re-calibrating the battery" and following what it says). I often use it at night when I go to bed, play a few games and watch videos. Well I left it overnight and checked it when I came in here to use my computer (around 6:30PM tonight) it was only 52% charged (after charging for a entire day and part of another). Normally I'll plug it in when it hits 50 - 60% after in use but lately I can plug it in to charge and it continues draining, slower than if I didn't have it plugged in but still draining.

I use the charger that came with the tablet and no other chargers. When I charge it i have to charge it through a serge protector (cause the wall outlet is out of reach, I normally have it laying on my nightstand and a serge protector on my nightstand too (the cord of the charger is not long enough to reach the wall. Not sure if that matters or not (assuming that it used to charge fine up until the past few months I'm assuming that doesn't matter).

I have noticed since it updated from Lollipop to the marshmallow 6.0.1) the charging takes longer than usual...

Last, I figured out how to get screenshots from my tablet and took a screenshot of my battery page in the settings, thought it looked very.... odd..

28tkr5u.png

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the microUSB port is clear of debris--use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If it's clear and the problem persists, then try a different cable and charging plug (preferably an official Samsung one--perhaps you could bring your tablet to your local Best Buy and ask the Samsung rep to borrow a charger and test it out there).

If it still doesn't work, then the battery might be failing (which could be due to a defect). Contact Samsung for warranty repair.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, well as far as all the ports I used my keyboard vacuum on them all (I think I'm out of compressed air, but I'll check and give that a try Found a can and giving it a try now. I ordered another cable (I noticed a little while ago there's a little "kink" in my cable (where I'm guessing some wires may be not connected properly in it). Don't have a Best Buy near my house (little pretty much in the middle of no where, closest Best Buy is about a 2.5 - 3 hour drive away).

Thanks again for the help, greatly appreciated. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The kinked cable could certainly be the culprit. Chronic kinking can cause the wiring inside to fray and ultimately break.

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I have had my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 since January, at first no issues what so ever but lately it takes FOREVER to charge (once in a while I let the battery drain until the tablet turns itself off (mostly when it's giving me issues with charging). When I first got it no issues, I could use it while it was charging, it would continue charging no problem, would be fully charged within 4 hours max (not that long usually mostly 2 - 2.5 hours) but well for example yesterday night I let it drain completely cause of it draining while in use (found something while googling on "re-calibrating the battery" and following what it says). I often use it at night when I go to bed, play a few games and watch videos. Well I left it overnight and checked it when I came in here to use my computer (around 6:30PM tonight) it was only 52% charged (after charging for a entire day and part of another). Normally I'll plug it in when it hits 50 - 60% after in use but lately I can plug it in to charge and it continues draining, slower than if I didn't have it plugged in but still draining.

I use the charger that came with the tablet and no other chargers. When I charge it i have to charge it through a serge protector (cause the wall outlet is out of reach, I normally have it laying on my nightstand and a serge protector on my nightstand too (the cord of the charger is not long enough to reach the wall. Not sure if that matters or not (assuming that it used to charge fine up until the past few months I'm assuming that doesn't matter).

I have noticed since it updated from Lollipop to the marshmallow 6.0.1) the charging takes longer than usual...

Last, I figured out how to get screenshots from my tablet and took a screenshot of my battery page in the settings, thought it looked very.... odd..

View attachment 239160

Thanks for any help.

I am waiting on what will be a third adapter charging plug. The original caused very slow charging, the second they sent me was the same,now I called and asked for another one. When I use my phone charger it fill battery nicely.
Oem plug takes all day. No kinked wire.
My phone charger is not samsung.
I'm not surprised new Sam phones are igniting. I also feel I should not need a smartswitch procedure to update my S2.
This samsung tab is nice but I have no where near the confidence in it as I do in my apples... probably my first and last Sam product.

You orit

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Try different charging plugs. Use what works. Don't go to 100% always.
I keep doing frequent but shorter charging. I never let it go lower than 45% or fill it higher than 85.
Your battery will last as long as it can like this. It's OK to go to 100% if you feel the need periodiclly. Just my opinion.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks You orit, give that a try :).

Just got my new charger I ordered a few minutes ago, for some reason my tablet was completely dead this morning (I think what happened was it was charging (turned off) and it started storming here sometime during the night (had a power serge) and it turned back on and drained. It's currently charging now. I'll update when I see how it's charging in a few hours.

Edit: roughly 3 hours later using new charger on a completely dead tablet = 71% (should be fully charged at this point but that's a huge step up to how it was acting before! Check again in another few hours to see how far it's got. I believe the new charger is defiantly helping.

EDIT (9/29): Final edit/update. Been using my charger for a week and a half - 2 weeks now (there abouts) and it seems to have fixed my issues. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463