Tablet Not working after update

Kathi Tobin

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I woke up and found the update on my tablet. I went ahead and ran the update. Ever since then, it won't stay on...at all. It will boot up like everything is fine...and then turn right back off about 5 seconds after my screen saver is showing, then turn itself back on, and then repeat. It has done this over and over until it just died. I can't get it to do anything other then that. I have it charging now...but afraid of trying to turn it back on. I have had this for a year...exactly a year because I got it for Christmas last year. I love this thing; but just don't know what to do right now. :mad:

Karleen

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Check the thread "Tab 2 won't stay off" in these forums... might be some help there... or at least you'll realize you're not alone.....

Desertratgal

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Is my tablet gone?

My Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 stopped working and I tried to use Odin to do a firmware update and the Odin screen said "Fail" and I'm attaching a picture of the screen on my Galaxy Tab. My son (who knows quite a bit about computers) thinks that the memory is fried.
I didn't want to throw it away unless I got a 2nd opinion. Can you help me? Galaxy Tab pic.jpeg

Thank you!

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is my tablet gone?

Instead of booting into the download mode, try booting into the recovery mode. From switched off the power and Volume down buttons. Once there try "restart" . If that brings no joy, do a factory reset from the recovery mode. That will delete user data on the tablet but nothing saved on an external SD card or cloud servers.

PS. It may take a while to shut the tablet down from the download mode. Just keep the power button in until the screen turns off and the tablet vibrate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore Rebecca