Tagging music

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Are there any song tagging apps that will allow me to change my music info on my SD card? I tried itag but it doesn't work with the music on my sd card. Wants me to save everything on my internal memory.

Posted via Android Central App

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know of any specific tagging apps but Poweramp will let you change track tags for songs stored on your SD card. I used to do it all the time.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't know of any specific tagging apps but Poweramp will let you change track tags for songs stored on your SD card. I used to do it all the time.

Will I have to keep power amp or will I still be able to use Google music to play my songs?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that writing on files that are on the SD card is a Kitkat limitation. All the taggers I've used require that the file is on the phone in order to change tags. I generally get this sorted when I download something from Utorrent because I have it saved directly to the device first and then move it to the SD card. Before I move it, I make sure the tags look right in the music player.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Will I have to keep power amp or will I still be able to use Google music to play my songs?

You can still use the Google Play Music app to play the songs, you don't have to use Poweramp. Poweramp actually writes to the files' tags whether they are mp3, AAC, FLAC, or any number of compatible formats that house track tag information.

Big Khan

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have Poweramp, on my Samsung Galaxy S5, with lollipop 5.01 OS. Poweramp, will play my Google Play Music that's on my 64gb SD Card but it will not show Artist Name, Track Title or Album Art. Do you know how to correct this and if not can you point me to someone who can. I'm a Newbie to Android Central.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463