Taking Out the Trash

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping that 2.1 would have a "Erase All" option for deleted mails in the mail program, but alas, it does not.

I have >2000 messages in my trash folder, due to a stunning combination of laziness, ignorance, and product features. Deleting all the mail from my Mac while connected accomplishes nothing on the Droid -- all the deleted emails are still lurking about.

Has anyone discovered a way to nuke these suckers en masse, so I don't have to sit there, tapping monotonously away, highlighting each email & pressing Delete?

There has to be an app, or a workaround, or something....

Thanks, Fellow Droidians

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You might be able to do the same thing there. Try logging onto the web version, and delete them. I think that then the next time your phone syncs, it'll delete all the messages you deleted online.

ValleyForge

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I sync through Apple Mail on my Mac -- when I go to the Sync menu, it allows syncing with Exchange, Facebook, & Google, but that's it. Am I missing something?

mawint

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is what I do. I have apple mail set so that when it pulls mail from gmail servers it deletes it off the server and stores all emails on my Mac or at least until I decide to delete them. When mail deletes it off the server my phone syncs with gmails server and automatically removes it from my phone.

EDIT: missed the Comcast part but you could try it.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Any solution? I've found that I have two trash folders on my email app. One is "Inbox.Trash" This is the same as the information stored on the IMAP Server. I have another called "Trash". This information is stored on the droid itself. It appears that every email that I have deleted on my phone is stored here.

ChevyStorm88

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
You are not alone, I have the same issue with exchange. That, and the lack of an email signature (with everything but Gmail...) are my only two beef's with my Droid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones