Taking screenshots on a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I recently got a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) SM-A750F/DS. I've upgraded it from Oreo to Pie+One UI.

My issue is with taking screenshots; since the phone lacks a hard "home" button like older Samsung phone models, taking screenshots is now done by swiping the edge of the palm, across the screen from the right edge to the left edge.

I'd like to know all the exact parameters involved/required to get the user input (palm-edge swiping) done correctly. I'm getting a tad frustrated because I do get it right sometimes when I just try but don't need it. When I do need it, I could try all I want and never end up with a single screenshot.

So I humbly ask, "how is it done?" Below are some parameters I'm pondering over:

> Palm-edge swipe speed across the screen (I know it can be done from right to left and left to right...I accidentally fot it right twice). "How fast?"

> Should my palm-edge start the swipe touching the screen continuously from swipe-start to swipe-end or can I wave my palm-edge a certain distance above the screen all the way from swipe-start to swipe-end? "Touch-while-swiping" or "hover-while-swiping"?

> Are there any sensors in the phone that are involved in the swipe action that my palm-edge should interact with? Are any of the sensors at the top of the phone supposed to be triggered by passage of vertically aligned fingertips...or...sensors at the bottom of the phone that should be triggered by passage of my wrist-edge? Or is the entire screen area looking for the silhouette/shape of my palm-edge to hover over/rub over? "Area of the screen to swipe over"

Please pardon me if I'm being overly/compulsively technical in my inequity. I find Samsung's latest approach to screenshotting impressive but also difficult to master since they didn't give detailed parameters of how to do it correctly. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, holding the power button and volume down dont give screenshot?
Hello everyone, I recently got a Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) SM-A750F/DS. I've upgraded it from Oreo to Pie+One UI.

My issue is with taking screenshots; since the phone lacks a hard "home" button like older Samsung phone models, taking screenshots is now done by swiping the edge of the palm, across the screen from the right edge to the left edge.

I'd like to know all the exact parameters involved/required to get the user input (palm-edge swiping) done correctly. I'm getting a tad frustrated because I do get it right sometimes when I just try but don't need it. When I do need it, I could try all I want and never end up with a single screenshot.

So I humbly ask, "how is it done?" Below are some parameters I'm pondering over:

> Palm-edge swipe speed across the screen (I know it can be done from right to left and left to right...I accidentally fot it right twice). "How fast?"

> Should my palm-edge start the swipe touching the screen continuously from swipe-start to swipe-end or can I wave my palm-edge a certain distance above the screen all the way from swipe-start to swipe-end? "Touch-while-swiping" or "hover-while-swiping"?

> Are there any sensors in the phone that are involved in the swipe action that my palm-edge should interact with? Are any of the sensors at the top of the phone supposed to be triggered by passage of vertically aligned fingertips...or...sensors at the bottom of the phone that should be triggered by passage of my wrist-edge? Or is the entire screen area looking for the silhouette/shape of my palm-edge to hover over/rub over? "Area of the screen to swipe over"

Please pardon me if I'm being overly/compulsively technical in my inequity. I find Samsung's latest approach to screenshotting impressive but also difficult to master since they didn't give detailed parameters of how to do it correctly. Thanks.

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I'll try that (even though it wasn't mentioned in the packaging...and that the volume buttons + power button are next to each other).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacyverse