Talking to people and challenges with them hearing us

Air Force

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both got the Verizon HTC One at the same store at same time. With great 4 bars reception with our without bluetooth headset we get complaints from people we sound like we are in a tin can, that we cut out occasionally and sometimes we sound distorted.

Could we have a bad batch of phones or is it another issue we are not familiar with?

We are going back to the Verizon store this weekend and having them look at our phones.

Sometimes I use my speaker while I'm talking... and the person on the other end sounds distorted and they have 5 bars reception.

BTW, my wife has the Motorola Sliver headset. Not sure if that's a good one or not for our phones that's what they recommend at the VZW store. I haven't chose a headset yet.

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It could be that you got a bad batch. Check with others in your area to see if anyone else has had these issues cause it could be tower related and it just so happen on the day you got your One.

Other things to consider, make sure your network is set to cdma/lte. Also try hard resetting your phone by pressing and holding down vol down+power at the same time.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
In my experience there are 2 kinds of bluetooth headsets.....good and bad.
I am very conscientious about how I sound because I use my cell as my office phone. I use a Jawbone Icon HD headset and a Plantronics K100 visor speaker, regardless of phone I am told that I sound very good on the other end. On the other hand a guy I work with bought a really inexpensive headset and I refuse to talk to him when he uses it...it's that bad.

Air Force

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Took both phones back and we received two new . They work great! Now the wife is having Bluetooth headset problems. Motorola sliver echoed.She now has blueant.

Any suggestions on great headsets?

Last edited:

BygSii

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Any suggestions on great headsets?

You just about get what you pay for. $20 plantronics vs $80 jabra, the jabra is going to have better noise canceling, better pairing, better range, better battery. I think for any good Bluetooth headset, you have to pay about $60 for one. And I'm not saying don't buy plantronics, I'm saying if you do, buy their $60 - $80 headset and not their $20 headset.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The Bose version two is the best Bluetooth headset I have found that works well with almost any phone. Works great with the HTC One but it is expensive. $149. You have to pay alot to get a great Bluetooth headset.

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Out of all the BT headsets I've owned (jabra, motorola, jawbone, blueant, etc), the best has been the jawbone era. Great headset with great battery life. The old jabra cheapy I bought on ebay is probably second. I don't care for the blueant q2 that I have because battery life is horrible, it takes forever to charge (for a BT), and if you move your head around, it cuts out constantly.
As far as call quality goes, you can also check under sound settings and sometimes there are noise cancellation settings that can be turned off. These tend to over cancel and cancel your voice thinking its extra noise.

Glaneon

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I called HTC about my BT earpiece issue (and Motorola, and Verizon). I got a call back from level 3 support today.
They are aware of an irregular/sporadic (across phones/BT devices) issues with BT quality.

I tried a Jawbone on my iPhone4 2 years ago and it was HORRIBLE (it was $90+). I got a Motorola (310?) and it was great. Since then I got an H730 and it was great on my iPhone.

I have connected by HTC One to a BT FM Modulator that doubles as a BT speakerphone and my 2012 Kia Forte (built into head-unit) - and the same effect occurs, a caller on the other end say I sound distorted, or over-driven, mushy. I can hear perfectly via the BT - it only appears to be the "gain" or something on the input side of the BT sound.

I am disappointed about this as I know the device is good quality, been using it about 10 months on my iPhone - but I can rarely use it now and in my line of work (driving or working with both hands) I really need the BT earpiece.

danpv

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
My Plantronics 245 BT worked very well with my HTC Thunderbolt. But it's been so bad with my new HTC One that I can't use it at all. Wonder if I'm missing some setting on my phone. Anyone else with this same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear