Targeting Android.. which device?

PymbleSoftware

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
What would be the better devices to target on Android, I think I would like to develop for tablets, but I think that with all the different devices it could be a logistical nightmare supporting every possible type of device, every possible screen size, etc.. If I create an app that works well on a 10 inch tablet, it might not look so good on a 7 inch device. Which would be the best device to target? Number of sales is one thing... but the most popular device might not be the device with the most number of app downloads. I am thinking that the best business model is free apps with advertising. Somehow I don't see Android users buying apps as much as iOS users, different types of users in general. More Open Source people expecting everything to be free.

What AVD to create and which tablet to buy for debugging/testing..?

R.

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
What would be the better devices to target on Android, I think I would like to develop for tablets, but I think that with all the different devices it could be a logistical nightmare supporting every possible type of device, every possible screen size, etc..
R.

Try to support ALL screens and resolutions, with a minimal Android version (2.2+ is a good choice). It is not very hard, if you create your game with dynamic layout in mind from the beginning. In my games, I support all screens from 240x320 up to 1920x1200+.