Tasker wifi control

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No, not specifically a P7 question (as it appears to affect all newer versions of Android), but I suspect the early adopters here are exactly the nerdy (er...enthusiast!) types that might be able to offer some help.

I'm new to Tasker, but not to coding. I have a profile set up for connection to my car wifi and would like to toggle my P7P hotspot ("wifi tether" in Tasker-speak) in conjunction. The macro triggers properly, but Tasker is unable to control hotspot and errors out. The developer lists an additional helper app (Tasker Settings) and power/background data adjustments for both apps, which I have installed and configured...to no avail.

Thoughts? Perhaps better asked in the Android 12/13 forums or XDA? Any/all advice much appreciated.

Last edited:

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a task that disables wifi when I connect to my car's Bluetooth. I needed to download the tasker settings apk from this link. 3rd link on this page. That worked for toggling my wifi on and off.

https://tasker.joaoapps.com/knownissues.html

If that doesn't work you might also try Reddit. That got me pointed in the right direction.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe