Telephoto lens attachment for Note 4?

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
There are lens mounts on shapeways (3d printing website) for the Iphone. If highly requested, I'd imagine one may eventually be available for the note 4. You could always design or request one to be designed yourself, of course. Nowadays, If you can think it up, you can 3d print it.

I know of no existing way to do what you want, though.

gdpjjl

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I tried to connect to the forum with my phone with no success. I just got a Note4. I had a Note3 before this one. It had a 12x telephoto lens kit that had a separate back cover where the lens screwed into. The cover would mount on the back of the Note3 and the lens would thread into it. It would not mount on the back of my Note4 correctly. The camera on the Note4 is lower than the Note3. So I clipped the upper corners of the lens back cover to allow it to slide down and align with the camera on the Note4. Now it fits on the back of the Note4 and works fine. I have the 12x on the lens and the 4x on the camera. I hope this helps you

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I will have to check that out. I am at the point of trying to adapt a couple old slr lenses but that is proving to be difficult.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's a fun exercise but when I weigh the benefits of more zoom on a cell phone against the impact on case selection and also considering sensor quality of the phones I can never seem to get into it. I think id rather have a good pocket point and shoot like an RX100 with wifi and NFC. Totally realize that the cost difference is huge though.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

gdpjjl

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Chuck, It was quite simple. Two small notches cut with scissors. I will try to post pics. 20150110_191348.jpg

Attachments

• 20150110_191856.jpg
    20150110_191856.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 51

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I think this will work: Photojojo iPhone and Android Lens Series - The Photojojo Store!

I tried the wide/macro lens and it was OK. An adhesive metal ring mounts around the lens on the Note 4. The lens is magnetic and attaches quite firmly to the ring on the camera.

Having said that, ANY add-on lenses are very low quality, and will substantially reduce the quality of your images. You're generally better off to crop an image taken with the stock lens (with 16mp, there's lots of room to crop if your not printing images).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463