Tethering Nexus 7 to LG Revolution - Help

lanabeanie

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I know people have been asking a lot about the same thing... using the internet/data I'm already paying for through Verizon with cell phones... Sorry to post yet another similar thread, but I'm so lost it's not even funny.

I have an LG Revolution and I was given a Nexus 7 for Christmas. I don't want to pay the astronomical VW charges to have another device with internet while I'm not at home/have wireless.

I have not rooted this device yet, and was hoping there was a way not to. As a beginner to tablets and all of this, I don't want to seriously mess something up (though I'm sure y'all would be able to help if I did!)

Can anybody walk me through finding a way to do this? Again, I'm really just looking for a way to connect my Nexus Tablet to my data I'm already paying for through VW, so I can use the internet while I'm not connected to my home WiFi.

Thanks! :D

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
There's many different tethering apps in the Play Store. I use FoxFi it works really well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

lanabeanie

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
thanks for your quick reply! Is this app something that I can use without rooting my tablet? I downloaded it the other day after some Google searching, I can't seem to get it to work still. I have a feeling that there's something I'm just not understanding. Other then downloading it, is there some main thing I have to do to get it to work? Sorry I'm so clueless! I can take apart a computer and fix it, but I can't seem to understand a tablet!
thanks again! :)

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Foxfi full version is $6.97. I have a LG phone with ICS and just installed Portable Wi-Fi hotspot from the Playstore that supports ICS & Jelly Bean. It is simple to use like a light switch to turn on and off. Just down load to both your phone and N7. Then set up you 8 letter password on you phone after you turn on the tether option.

Note I have heard that Verizon catches people using their network for tether. That is why I don't have Verizon.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....technology.wifi.hotspot&hl=en&token=tOrS39bF