Tethering Nexus 7 with unrooted HTC Rezound

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Nexus S 7 tablet today. I love this tablet. Has anyone been able to find a tethering app that works with the unrooted htc Rezound running Ice Cream Sandwich.? Any help is appreciated.

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I use my unrooted bionic with the foxfi app and it works pretty good with my nexus 7.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I will give fox 5 another try. About a month ago when I try to download it after installing ice cream sandwich it was saying that my device was not compatible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but is there any advantage. To tethering through bluetooth?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I cant update apps in bluetooth, theres a few other things that wont work either. But general web browsing works and such. I also noticed I dont usually get pushed notifications running with bluetooth. I rarely use it anyways, its mainly when the wifi from the place next to my work is messing up.

As far as I read, someone said wifi way of doing it is broken on the rezound, I tried it the other day and it never connected right so thats my only reason to use bluetooth.

afraccica

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Nexus S 7 tablet today. I love this tablet. Has anyone been able to find a tethering app that works with the unrooted htc Rezound running Ice Cream Sandwich.? Any help is appreciated.

I use foxfi on my Rezound and PDAnet on the Nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but is there any advantage. To tethering through bluetooth?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Bluetooth won't drain your phone's battery as fast as Wi-Fi. I read on other sites most people get better battery life out of Bluetooth.

BTW, does anyone use Tether instead of Foxfi? Just saw they had a new "Easy Tether Lite" that a few people said works with Jelly Bean in the Playstore.. I had Jelly Bean issues when I tried Foxfi on my LG phone.

Last edited: