Text for Free

df74

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Showing my lack of knowledge here! I do very little texting mainly because texts are not included in my plan. I've researched the various free text apps but unsure which to choose. Is there an app you would highly recommend which does not require the other party to have the same app or have me have a different phone number? Thank you!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The only free texting app I have used is text free. You select a random number from a list and then you get to text for free from that number.

Posted via Android Central App

hamillp

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
This does not meet both of your requirements but Tango and Google Hangouts both allow you to do it for free. The other party would, however, need to have the same app.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Showing my lack of knowledge here! I do very little texting mainly because texts are not included in my plan. I've researched the various free text apps but unsure which to choose. Is there an app you would highly recommend which does not require the other party to have the same app or have me have a different phone number? Thank you!

I don't think there is a solid solution for the keeping your number part, but Text free is one of the best texting apps IMO. Used it since it came out on ios when I had my ipod touch first gen, and have been using it on my GS3 and its never failed me :) You get to pick your number from a list and you even get to pick your area code also so Id give it a try

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp