text notifications stop working connect bluetooth when smart view recent update

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
early thurs morning i updated my phone to verizon system update 13 and i already got latest android system webview that was install day before

i had no issues yesterday afternoon casting phone to tv bluetooth smart view to my tv and in den now granted my tv i have to use phone but in den tv speakers my lg tv did apprently do an update last night

anyways i was casting my phone to tv just for kicks using blue tooth i text myself once it work and then i notice no sound when alert at this point in time i have uninstall android system webview and not auto update

i'm not sure if this causing issue or if something to do latest update RP1A.200720.012.G986USQU1DUBB

that is causing problem i never had this issue feb update 2/25 patch if this doesn't solved issue then i guess i might have to wipe cache and update android system webview not sure

are folks on latest verizon march software update having sound issues when cast phone to tv using bluetooth all of a sudden or is it just me?

i hope somebody will respond back asap

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You don't need android system webview if you use the latest chrome version and have an android system later than nougat which I'm sure you will. So just disable it in settings.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Well this is odd left phone on charger in town just text message myself notification work not sure what is matter so it seems if i text message alot of times sound was work and stops

even if i uninstall webview i also try last night wipe cache maybe this always been like this and 1st time i notice it not sure

Last edited:

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Well this is odd left phone on charger in town just text message myself notification work not sure what is matter
It would seem going by what you say the chrome browser has automatically updated itself and it has fixed the issue, did you say your version of webview was already disabled?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
no its install latest version and chrome i could be wrong but again perhaps always been like tha if you text yourself it will work then do it so many times it will stop then work and mess up again? the cable guy cut cable internet came back up i received 2 text messages my brother and sound work both times