Question Text without needing a separate phone connection

wdmounger

Aug 13, 2023
Visit site
I want to be able to text, but all the apps I look into require a confirmation code to a separate phone. I don't actually own a cell phone, just a land line. My android, of course, has a phone number assigned to the device itself, so one would think that linking would be something simple, but apparently the texting app designers just assumed everyone has a cell phone already. I'm a dinosaur, I guess, but is there any workaround/ functioning app for this?

wdmounger

Aug 13, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, but a lot of what I would need a text messaging for is for automatically generated codes for the two-step verifications that seem to be everywhere now. I need to be able just to give a number (which what I hopefully could use the android's assigned number for) to these requests to get a generated code. That's the vast majority of what I would need this for. Otherwise, I've just been using email/FB, etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a bit confused -- you said that you don't own a cellphone, but you have an Android. Do you have an Android tablet that has LTE connectivity?