'That note is already pinned to the home screen.' ?

Gage Blackwell

Dec 18, 2022
Visit site
I'm trying to recreat a stack of Samsung Notes on my Samsung Fold 3 running Android 5.0.
When I go to add the note to the stack I get an error message stating, 'That note is already pinned to the home screen'. However, the previous stack has been removed inadvertently and I'm trying to recreat the stack. So, I do not see the stack or note pinned to any of my home screens.
What am I doing wrong and how might I rectify the error so that I can recreat the stack of notes effectively?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

We may need more information to help you figure this out.

Does it say this for all notes or just one specific note or are you saying that it won't allow you to add anything because it thinks there is still an active stack already?

You might try force stopping the app and clearing the app cache. To do this go to Settings>Apps>Samsung Notes>Force Stop>Storage>Clear Cache. I would be hesitant to clear data for this app unless the notes are stored off device in the cloud somewhere. Otherwise clearing data might clear your notes history and delete everything. Then again if you think you've already lost everything and it is all unrecoverable clearing the data might be the way to go.

Let us know what you find. To receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Gage Blackwell

Dec 18, 2022
Visit site
I tried clearing the cache to no avail. The 'note already exists' warning comes up when I try and make a widget with the Samsung note app and choose a note that I had previously successfully made a widget with. However, the orginal widget has been removed from the home screen and I am attempting to rebuild the same widget stack. That is when I get the warning. If I try and make a stack using different, previously unused notes they stack successfully. However, if I remove the widget from the home screen again, that new stack now gets the same warning. I'm simply trying to reinstate a previously built stack of notes, but am not allowed because the system thinks that stack exists already.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Since we were struggling to figure this out I decided to make my own stack. The first thing I found was this is not a Notes stack it is a widget stack. For those late to the party or that didn't understand like me, the OP is stacking widgets. They can be the same widget or different widget. In this case the OP is stacking Note widgets but it could be Notes, Calculator, Tapatalk. The problem is that once a Note widget has been created it cannot be recreated.

I wasn't able to figure out how to make the device forget the previous widget and was never able to get it to allow me to add the same widget again, however I did find a work around.

Open the Samsung Notes app>press and hold on any previously added note until the notes are selectable>select all previously denied notes that you want added to the new stack>lower right corner select More>Duplicate note. The newly created duplicates can be added as new widgets and the previous ones can be deleted. For me it seemed to be the second note that was new and addable and the first note gave the error that it was already pinned to the screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678