The Colors are here!

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
lol, it'd definitely get a sigh of relief when the real thing came out. It is strange though, because Huawei usually makes really good looking devices.

I had a dumb moment once and thought "Oh wow cool, so it's like a buffer to stop you damaging the camera when you put it on the table" :-X

Now my speculation says it may be something to do with Google Cardboard. Maybe it is a movement sensor.

Oh I don't care what it is, just don't be terrible plz Huawei, I'm out of choices.

If this turns out to be a terrible phone I am left with the G4 or the Xperia Z5. Or hell I may even go iPhone.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Zendroid1, I hope you are wrong. The black top is just plain ugly.

Look at all the shots of the previous Nexus devices in the Google Play Store. These shots are exactly what they've done in the past. I think we have the official shots of the 5x and 6p, like it or not.

To me this actually looks better than I had previously thought.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
To me this actually looks better than I had previously thought.

I agree. The more I've seen of it, the less I balk at the look of the thing. Nevertheless, I'd still like to find out that the better part of that black slab is not just plastic but that it has some sort of functionality buried inside.

On the other hand, I'm still a little weirded out by the thought of a metal-clas Nexus, but I can deal.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had a dumb moment once and thought "Oh wow cool, so it's like a buffer to stop you damaging the camera when you put it on the table" :-X

Now my speculation says it may be something to do with Google Cardboard. Maybe it is a movement sensor.

Oh I don't care what it is, just don't be terrible plz Huawei, I'm out of choices.

If this turns out to be a terrible phone I am left with the G4 or the Xperia Z5. Or hell I may even go iPhone.

I hear ya ... could always grab the Nexus 6 though. I honestly think it won't look so bad in person, especially in black. I wouldn't let that ruin your enthusiasm though, nothing a case can't cure

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The more I've seen of it, the less I balk at the look of the thing. Nevertheless, I'd still like to find out that the better part of that black slab is not just plastic but that it has some sort of functionality buried inside.

On the other hand, I'm still a little weirded out by the thought of a metal-clas Nexus, but I can deal.

perfectly stated. I do hope it has some functionality. I can't imagine they'd include it simply for aesthetics. I'm more concerned with the software optimization and battery then I am a relatively minor design flaw.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am digging the black one . second choice would be gold.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

same ... people always complain that every phone looks similar to another one, and being there's only so much u can do, I kinda like the originality. it was only about a month ago that people actually took a render of the Nexus and said it looked too much like an iPhone. at least nobody can accuse Hauwei of that!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The one thing that's a bit surprising to me is that the top strips on all the phones, regardless of color are black. I'd have thought the lighter colored options would have strips that corresponded to the main color, just as we saw in Jermaine's video. It might've helped, visually.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The one thing that's a bit surprising to me is that the top strips on all the phones, regardless of color are black. I'd have thought the lighter colored options would have strips that corresponded to the main color, just as we saw in Jermaine's video. It might've helped, visually.

Posted via the Android Central App

I think that might've done more harm than good cause then in addition to the bar, you'd have the camera stand out, which I'm assuming is the whole point of the bar in the first place, but who knows.

if u zoom in on the sides you can see it's contoured on the sides. I think when we see it live it won't stand out nearly as much. I'll be getting black plus a case so really make no difference to me. I'm much more concerned with the front, and having no branding and all black grills is a huge plus.

the only thing that can derail my enthusiasm, and it's definitely a strong possibility, is for that battery to be smaller than anticipated.

BTW you're smart for not biting on the pure IMO ... great phone but I know how important battery is for u and from what I've seen, the MXP is mediocre at best in that department. if anything grab the Nexus 6 for $299

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RebelSynn