The Evo Shift in action

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade next month and was waiting for the specs on the Evo Shift.But honestly I'm a little disappointed,don't know what I was expecting,but the more I see of the Evo Shift the more I think about purchasing the Evo. The phone I have now is the TP2 so I'm kind of desperate.

I went from a TP2 to the EVO and after getting some settings changed, the battery has been stellar. I got used to the keyboard after about 10 days or so and it's really nice - I never used the virtual kb on my TP2, but the added size on the EVO makes it a breeze. Funny thing is that the EVO seems more pocketable than my TP2 was simply due to being more slim, even though much longer/wider.

The only thing holding me back on the EVO is that Android just doesn't play with Outlook/Exchange calendar sync as well as WinMo. Not sure if WP7 would be that much better since I like that you can customize Android more, but I'm considering the HTC 7 Pro that Sprint hopefully gets soon. Are you looking at that one as well? What about something good this week from HP/Palm? If they do a nice larger horizontal slider, that would be worth a close look.