The excitement is building

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After spending much of my work day watching first run videos of the Note 9. I'm excited. I said I was going to wait for Floss, Leo and a few more to review the Note 9 before I make a decision but this looks good. I waited a couple of months after release to buy the note 8 and missed out on the deals (free stuff). Hopefully this site will point me in the right direction for a good deal and I will get the Note 9 early and take advantage of the free stuff and savings

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Kinda interesting the Note9 will be out in a Fortnight...

I'm excited as well. I haven't been this excited about a device in a long time.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m getting it via Samsung site does any one suggest getting the unlocked over the ATT version? It doesn’t let you compare yet on the site. I’m hearing carriers get updates faster then the unlocked which is backwards but hey nothing I can do. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I’m getting it via Samsung site does any one suggest getting the unlocked over the ATT version? It doesn’t let you compare yet on the site. I’m hearing carriers get updates faster then the unlocked which is backwards but hey nothing I can do. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Also wifi calling might be an issue with ATT. You will probably lose that.

I have tmobile which wifi calling works with unlocked Samsungs hence why I decided to try unlocked for a change.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If you have AT&T get the carrier version or you won't get AT&T Enhanced features like wifi calling, hd voice, native video calling, advance text messaging, etc. If you don't care for those then get unlocked.
Even if you order through AT&T you still get the free goodies from Samsung. You just show them your order details.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
If you have AT&T get the carrier version or you won't get AT&T Enhanced features like wifi calling, hd voice, native video calling, advance text messaging, etc. If you don't care for those then get unlocked.
Even if you order through AT&T you still get the free goodies from Samsung. You just show them your order details.

My only issue is seems that with unlocked notes in the past I could use them as hotspots however if the note is a carrier branded it wouldn’t let me do it unless I registered and if you have unlimited data it would want to change the plan where as on the unlocked it doesn’t do that. Any thoughts

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I contacted T-mobile to inquire about Wi-Fi Calling and visual voice mail working on the unlocked version. 611 customer support told me it would. Knowing she was reading from a script and didn't have the slightest idea, I contacted on-line support who advised me they would not. I then contacted Samsung who stated those carrier specific features would not be accessible on the unlocked Note9. So I just went with the carrier version. Plus, T-mobile was offering $500 off with trade in of my Note8 versus the $400 Samsung was offering.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I contacted T-mobile to inquire about Wi-Fi Calling and visual voice mail working on the unlocked version. 611 customer support told me it would. Knowing she was reading from a script and didn't have the slightest idea, I contacted on-line support who advised me they would not. I then contacted Samsung who stated those carrier specific features would not be accessible on the unlocked Note9. So I just went with the carrier version. Plus, T-mobile was offering $500 off with trade in of my Note8 versus the $400 Samsung was offering.
WiFi calling and VoLTE voice work on unlocked Samsung phones, at least on T-Mobile. I'm sure the it'll work on the Note 9 as well.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
My only issue is seems that with unlocked notes in the past I could use them as hotspots however if the note is a carrier branded it wouldn’t let me do it unless I registered and if you have unlimited data it would want to change the plan where as on the unlocked it doesn’t do that. Any thoughts
From my experience hotspot still won't work with an unlocked device on AT&T. I have a Pixel 2XL and Blackberry KeyTwo and hotspot won't work with my unlimited plan. Unless there's something that I can change in the APN settings to trick it to work but I don't know.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19