The Galaxy Watch 5 temperature sensor is finally good for something

gd761

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
By only having this for Menstrual is Discriminatory since it is aimed ONLY for Women.
What about for Everyone else?
When will Samsung make this available to check the Body Temp while Sleeping as well as being able to manually Check Your Temp?!

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
By only having this for Menstrual is Discriminatory since it is aimed ONLY for Pregnant Women.
What about for Everyone else?
When will Samsung make this available to check the Body Temp while Sleeping as well as being able to manually Check Your Temp?!
Y'all a dumbass.

First off, pregnant women don't usually menstruate. This isn't really useful to people who are pregnant.

Secondly, The sensor isn't really for measuring absolute body temperature, but for measuring skin temperature variance.

I know it may make you angry that samsung included a sensor that is only really useful to people who have a menstrual cycle, but you're going to have to find a way to deal with it.

Last edited:

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Y'all a dumbass.

First off, pregnant women don't usually menstruate. This isn't really useful to people who are pregnant.

Secondly, The sensor isn't really for measuring absolute body temperature, but for measuring skin temperature variance.

I know it may make you angry that samsung included a sensor that is only really useful to people who have a menstrual cycle, but you're going to have to find a way to deal with it.
No-so-much a "dumbass" given that the general premise is that it is discriminatory because it's only available to individuals that menstruate is still valid.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No-so-much a "dumbass" given that the general premise is that it is discriminatory because it's only available to individuals that menstruate is still valid.
Anyone can set up cycle tracking, I know I just checked lol. It just doesn't going to be very useful to you if you haven't got a uterus. Including a sensor that is only useful for women's health data is no more discriminatory than including a sensor that detects atrial fibrillation because I don't have atrial fibrillation... Samsung aren't discriminating against me, that sensor just is not useful to my particular body.

Reactions: jbjtkbw007