The GS3 signal reception is a joke. Should have known, its a Samsung

Valley Steve

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Another data point. I went to the local Verizon store with my Droid 2 and asked if a sales person owned a S3 so we could compare signal strength. Both the GS3 and my Droid were at 75 db. Obviously this is a pretty strong signal. But both were receiving it at the same level. What I am not sure is if both units were in an area of a weaker signal with they drop off at the same rate. For example if my Droid was at 95 would the GS3 also be at 95 or does it have an inferior receiver so the signal would drop off to 100 or 110?

Very interesting comment. I understand about the bars, but what about the db signal strength. I would be very interested if you have the time to give us the db reading from the same location for the S3 and the Maxx. My Droid 2 with a signal in the low 90s does not drop calls. So either I get a S3 or a Maxx. Right now I wonder if I should just get a new battery and wait for something else.
Thanks

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting comment. I understand about the bars, but what about the db signal strength. I would be very interested if you have the time to give us the db reading from the same location for the S3 and the Maxx. My Droid 2 with a signal in the low 90s does not drop calls. So either I get a S3 or a Maxx. Right now I wonder if I should just get a new battery and wait for something else.
Thanks
Unfortunately, I can't say. I sold the Maxx to Gazelle.com.

Valley Steve

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Another report. My old Motorola Droid 2 consistently pulled about a 10 db better signal than my sister's new GS3. I told her to check with Verizon to see if she has a defective phone. I hope it is an anomaly and not just bad receivers in general, there are so many things I like about the GS3. But if it can't consistently make reliable connections what is the point. Sort of like having a great luxury car, but the motor stalls. Stayed tuned....

Upddate: I pulled the trigger and purchased a unit on Friday. Even though it shows a signal of -109 db at the house no problem with calls or 4G so far. With GPS and battery saving features no problem making through the day with moderate use. So far I like this phone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenbahn