The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

srmojuze

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
HTC phones are a labor of love. You have to work at it, fix it and make excuses for it to be happy. For some people that's Ok, for others it's not acceptable. Personally I don't buy phones planning to run custom roms. And if I need to install a different rom and then turn off half of my features/extras just to get marginal battery life and performance then I just assume move on to something different

Sent from my Note 2

I don't think you need to make excuses for HTC but yeah you gotta put some effort into it... For my HTC One X, the effort was very worth it.

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
HTC has quite a bit of ground to make up.

I do agree that the HTC One is, by far, the best smart phone I've ever used, and I feel like the keynote didn't even over hype it. I'm more happy than I anticipated.

With that said, HTC may see the same success as Samsung had with the S1 or S2. If they can continue this trend of making amazing hardware, and software improvements that actually make sense to the user, we will see the One 2 and One 3 have even more success. They also need to make sure they have straight forward marketing that explains and appeals to the people watching the commercials.

epik16

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
HTC One passing S4? Are you trying to be funny?

Samsung is set to ship 100 million in the next 6 months and HTC recently set an increased target for 3.5 million.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
HTC One passing S4? Are you trying to be funny?

Samsung is set to ship 100 million in the next 6 months and HTC recently set an increased target for 3.5 million.

Shipping and SELLING are 2 different things! And don't believe everything Samsung tells you!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Shipping and SELLING are 2 different things! And don't believe everything Samsung tells you!

Not after their stunt of paying people....

Why don't you two just make a dedicated thread for quoting and thanking each other and whatever else you do? How many hundreds of posts does there need to be about Samsung paying everybody. Yes, everybody on here is on the payroll except you two. Happy now? Can we move on?

I'm sure there's also a dozen ones for every s4 out there and Samsung is just "shipping" phones to an abandoned warehouse somewhere and it's all a conspiracy theory. My spare bedroom is full of them now just to support the cause because I sleep better at night and feel better as a person knowing Samsung shipped more phones.

But don't believe anything I say, I work for Samsung supposedly and therefore am not to be trusted

Sent from my *Company Issued* Note 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you two just make a dedicated thread for quoting and thanking each other and whatever else you do? How many hundreds of posts does there need to be about Samsung paying everybody. Yes, everybody on here is on the payroll except you two. Happy now? Can we move on?

I'm sure there's also a dozen ones for every s4 out there and Samsung is just "shipping" phones to an abandoned warehouse somewhere and it's all a conspiracy theory. My spare bedroom is full of them now just to support the cause because I sleep better at night and feel better as a person knowing Samsung shipped more phones.

But don't believe anything I say, I work for Samsung supposedly and therefore am not to be trusted

Sent from my *Company Issued* Note 2
Lol, well I don't have any conspiracy theroy. I got the chance to use a Galaxy S4 and its actually really good. I just think that touch wizz is not the best looking device.

Zekerink

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung was being pushed pretty hard when I got my HTC One a few weeks back. I took a chance on it having owned previously an S2 and having gotten to mess around with my brother's Galaxy S3. I didn't really like Samsung's previous UI's though and am glad I switched over.

It's just so much easier to use this phone because of the Sense UI. It's incredible, really. I'm used to rooting and modding the heck out of my phones to get functionality to where I need it to be. I'm a little worried that Sense might somehow be a double edged sword with regards to that, but so far, everything I've needed the phone to be capable of doing, has been there, right from the start. Can't even remember the last time I felt that way (if I even ever did).

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I care.

- - - Updated - - -

Since swipe down to refresh is a defining factor for you, then you should go pick up the HTC one. It's Android and has swipe down to refresh, since pressing a refresh button at the bottom of the screen is to laborious for you.

Thanks, we all know who is really being paid now.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on VZW and use the MAXXHD so I'm coming in as a bystander. My sister has the S3 (on VZW) and loves the phone because of the screen. I think she is the typical user, doesn't care about the removable battery (put it in an Otterbox commuter case on day 1 and hasn't removed it since) or the SD card. She has the 16GB version and has the 2GB SD card from her old phone in it. Has tinkered with TW but doesn't use most of the features and has disabled a lot of them (after I showed her how to disable apps).

My gf just got the One. Just like my sister, she doesn't care it doesn't have a removable battery and since her One is 32GB, she has no need for more storage. Her last phone was the S2 and she kept it in a big Casemate Tough case. This time she asked for a minimal case because it would be a shame to hide the "beautiful phone" (her words). She asked for my help to get TW off her S2 and asked to make her phone look like mine (Thunderbolt at the time so Sense 2.x). She absolutely loves the phone and Sense. Blinkfeed and Zoe are her favorite features.

Before she bought the phone I tried to make her consider the S4. I told her about memory, battery, screen size, etc... She held the 16GB version, compared it to the S3, and then went for the One. My sister was looking forward to the S4 but after seeing my gf's One, she was very upset that it was not coming to VZW. Now she is looking forward to the DNA+ or whatever is coming to VZW from HTC. Even my iphone friends were impressed by the One.

We might be impressed with batteries and SD cards, processors and PPI, but the average consumer is vastly more impressed by aluminum build, new and unique design, and fun impressive apps. I've always found Sense "prettier" than TW and more user friendly, but I'm biased, but both my sister and gf prefer Sense to TW. The main take-away from this is that the One has been able to impress everyone I know that comes across it, even my iphone friends who in the past have turned up their noses to the S3 and pretty much everything not apple.

HTC has a hit with the One. It won't take the crown away from Sammy, but I think it will lure many away from all folds and hopefully put HTC on firmer footing.

Zekerink

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on VZW and use the MAXXHD so I'm coming in as a bystander. My sister has the S3 (on VZW) and loves the phone because of the screen. I think she is the typical user, doesn't care about the removable battery (put it in an Otterbox commuter case on day 1 and hasn't removed it since) or the SD card. She has the 16GB version and has the 2GB SD card from her old phone in it. Has tinkered with TW but doesn't use most of the features and has disabled a lot of them (after I showed her how to disable apps).

My gf just got the One. Just like my sister, she doesn't care it doesn't have a removable battery and since her One is 32GB, she has no need for more storage. Her last phone was the S2 and she kept it in a big Casemate Tough case. This time she asked for a minimal case because it would be a shame to hide the "beautiful phone" (her words). She asked for my help to get TW off her S2 and asked to make her phone look like mine (Thunderbolt at the time so Sense 2.x). She absolutely loves the phone and Sense. Blinkfeed and Zoe are her favorite features.

Before she bought the phone I tried to make her consider the S4. I told her about memory, battery, screen size, etc... She held the 16GB version, compared it to the S3, and then went for the One. My sister was looking forward to the S4 but after seeing my gf's One, she was very upset that it was not coming to VZW. Now she is looking forward to the DNA+ or whatever is coming to VZW from HTC. Even my iphone friends were impressed by the One.

We might be impressed with batteries and SD cards, processors and PPI, but the average consumer is vastly more impressed by aluminum build, new and unique design, and fun impressive apps. I've always found Sense "prettier" than TW and more user friendly, but I'm biased, but both my sister and gf prefer Sense to TW. The main take-away from this is that the One has been able to impress everyone I know that comes across it, even my iphone friends who in the past have turned up their noses to the S3 and pretty much everything not apple.

HTC has a hit with the One. It won't take the crown away from Sammy, but I think it will lure many away from all folds and hopefully put HTC on firmer footing.

I was a Samsung fanboy, actually I still am. I liked how they were positioned with regards to the iPhone hedgemony and I like their other tech devices, not just cellphones and tablets. I would have gotten a Samsung cellphone just to spite Apple sales people(/"followers") even if by comparison, the hardware was underspec'd in comparison to Apple's own (which it wasn't in the stuff I had), I was that bad(/good) a follower of the brand.

Getting the chance to use the M7 though changed things for me. Might go back to a Samsung product in the future after the HTC reaches it's end of life, if HTC can't follow up with another phone as good as the current one though. We'll have to see.

I like raw power(more impressive hardware specs) Samsung has taken to offering in it's phones. /fanboy observation ;)

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
At least you finally admit to being paid by Samsung! It's a start! And I don't like the sexual harassment in your post!

What? Clearly you're worse at sarcasm than Sheldon and please let me know what sexual harassment was in my post.

Sent from my Note 2

dandiele

May 30, 2012
Visit site
So I have to say, I have had the S3 and then the note 2 on verizon and switched to tmobile for the cheaper plans and the monthly savings etc. I figured since I have had the samsung phones for a few years I would try the HTC one. Personally if I wanted a phone to force so many things upon me id have gotten the iPhone. I am exchanging the One for the S4.

This is my opinion of course but I hate the notification for power saver, I hate blink feed since I use facebook app and pulse and have for years, I hate the camera, I dislike all my friends photos in the gallery, i dislike the way the app drawer functions and how the dock functions when adding things to it. I am just not happy with this phone, or should I say Sense...The phone itself is a beautiful piece of work and the fact it takes 200 minutes of cnc machining to make each phone is amazing to me. However if i'm not happy with the software I am not going to keep it, also had I stuck with verizon I was going to get the s4 at upgrade time in june anyway.

While i'm thinking about it maybe I don't hate the phone or Sense I just am not used to it. and this causes me to dislike it.

I feel i'm not the only one but i do think HTC has a winner compared to my last HTC phone the thunderbolt haha! that phone was a joke......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia