The "I'm waiting for sales to go live" thread

nomadism

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Well the N4 at Australia went on sale at 9:00am on the Australian WST which was also noon for the Australian EST ... so my bet is actually 9:00 PST for the States = Noon for EST, which also fit with the description that the sales will go off at 9am for the local Germany time.

I read somewhere that a Google spokesperson in Germany said that (for Germany at least) it will go live around 9am and said people shouldn't wait up for a midnight release. But then again apparently Australia has already seen sales go live.

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Australia sold out of the 16GB Nexus 4 in 22 minutes, another great Google stuff up, they just can't get sales/, marketing right... I figured the only logical reason to not preorder was to have plenty in stock to make some sort of sales record, however seems like Australia had 2 or 3 devices... A preorder would have allowed Google to know how many were required and not underestimate by a factor or a billion...

Looking like the "Coming Soon!" in yellow is gone now but it was there all through the sale. Need to check the actual button changes from "Notify Me". If they had have updated their web site properly I'd have got mine in earlier, as it was it went into the cart then disappeared.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll be pissed if they sell out in 22 minutes. 2:30 east coast US... still shows Coming Soon.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not out here yet, and it's 8:30am now, so I guess Google was right after all with the 9am.
If it's no outt in America by 12:30am, then I doubt it'll have a midnight release at all, 9am could really be the key time for every country, (or most).

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I do think it is very funny that everyone is raging about what time it is going on sale. This was supposed to be an entertaining thread and it just turned out to be a stream of questions about when it will be on sale. Ridiculous.

Winterfang

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
What's entertaining about google giving vague answers of when the phone is going out, us loosing sleep and the nervousness of maybe not being able to get this phone, till God knows when?.(possible next year).

Must. Keep. Awake.

Syrential

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I was stupid enough to even test if my credit card works, since some reported theirs don't.
Just spent 1,29? on a useless song that I'll never listen to anyways. Yay!

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What's entertaining about google giving vague answers of when the phone is going out, us loosing sleep and the nervousness of maybe not being able to get this phone, till God knows when?.(possible next year).

Must. Keep. Awake.

exactly, this is Google's attempt at preventing the preorder fiasco they had with the nexus 7 but it just made it equally frustrating and confusing to their loyal customers who just want to get their new products on release day. How hard is it to accept pre orders and send them 2 day air so they arrive on release day?

but no, we get a release date with no time, information or updates and people staying up all night for nothing so they dont miss their chance before it sells out. Come on Google.
sigh.