The iphone 4S is a big opportunity for Samsung and Android

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's the problem though: Apple is like the Chicago Cubs. No matter what product they put out, they have a disgustingly hypnotized fan base that will willingly hand over their money because that is just what they do. They'll buy the 4S in record amounts, and when the iPhone 5 comes out sometime next year, they'll buy that just as quickly.

Go poke around any site with Apple users - their rabid defense of today's release is amazing. It's like they're incapable of expressing disappointment with Apple. Some of the excuses floating around are just ridiculous - I read one poster that was making the point that this is basically exactly what Apple fan's wanted (except for, I guess, a redesign, bigger screen, LTE, etc.), so there is no need for disappointment.

I know there will be iPhone users who choose to defect, but I just don't see it happening in mass amounts. There are definitely a lot of pissed off Apple fans after today's announcement, but wait and see how many go ahead and preorder later tonight when the adrenaline dies down.

Hey man to compare the Cubs to Apple is just a low blow man, low blow lol

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
No kidding......the various ways they defend or dismiss the lack of flash is hilarious.

Sent from my Xoom

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I lot of people are pissed about the iphone 4s. some of my friends are die hard apple fans and they are really pissed. They are thinking about joining #teamandroid

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I was just browsing the TIPB forum and I CAN'T believe how many people aren't getting the 4S and are seriously considering switching platforms and buy either S2 or Nexus Prime. They could just be mad but a blunder like Apple made today would drive me away too. People want choice and hardware that works with their needs Android IS poised to potentially really put a hurt on Apple over the next year. The Nexus Prime will be more important than Google thinks.

shareef777

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I was just browsing the TIPB forum and I CAN'T believe how many people aren't getting the 4S and are seriously considering switching platforms and buy either S2 or Nexus Prime. They could just be mad but a blunder like Apple made today would drive me away too. People want choice and hardware that works with their needs Android IS poised to potentially really put a hurt on Apple over the next year. The Nexus Prime will be more important than Google thinks.

Believe it. My whole family is on Apple gear. I'm typing this from an iPad, use a MacBook pro, and have had every iPhone since launch. But this is pitiful, their idea of 'choice' is ONE model and leftovers. The prime can't come soon enough.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Yet apple continues to approve browser apps that have flash built in.

Which fail on so many sites. Especially those like finance.yahoo.com, finance.google.com and just about any interactive financial sites you care to name. I know by experience. I own an ipad and tried everything under the sun.

Sent from my Xoom

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Which fail on so many sites. Especially those like finance.yahoo.com, finance.google.com and just about any interactive financial sites you care to name. I know by experience. I own an ipad and tried everything under the sun.

Sent from my Xoom

Reason alone I'm getting a Windows 8 tab as soon as they drop. I had an iPad 2 and I can't tell you how frustrating the lack of flash was when trying to access most any professional (Auto, Real Estate, and Finance) websites. Desktop emulator mode on Windows 8 will let me run trading software and various other professional apps. WIN!

blakepilot#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm also a soon iPhone 4 convertee. There's a lot of bad reception for the iPhone 4S on the Apple forums. It's really quite weird to see considering the rampant amount of fanboyism on those forums. I was looking forward to a major update myself, but was highly let down. I just feel that the iPhone 4S is being surpassed by Android devices, and until Apple catches up with the times (larger display and LTE namely), I'll be jumping on a Nexus Prime. I have owned Android devices before, and I was never enthused by it in the long haul, but I think this is a golden opportunity for the Android OS to really put on a software and hardware blitz.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh man you should have heard some of my customers today, i work at ups and i deal with business execs alot who love apple, they were quite pissed off and many of them said they were switching the first chance they got.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Here's the problem though: Apple is like the Chicago Cubs. No matter what product they put out, they have a disgustingly hypnotized fan base that will willingly hand over their money because that is just what they do. They'll buy the 4S in record amounts, and when the iPhone 5 comes out sometime next year, they'll buy that just as quickly.

Go poke around any site with Apple users - their rabid defense of today's release is amazing. It's like they're incapable of expressing disappointment with Apple. Some of the excuses floating around are just ridiculous - I read one poster that was making the point that this is basically exactly what Apple fan's wanted (except for, I guess, a redesign, bigger screen, LTE, etc.), so there is no need for disappointment.

I know there will be iPhone users who choose to defect, but I just don't see it happening in mass amounts. There are definitely a lot of pissed off Apple fans after today's announcement, but wait and see how many go ahead and preorder later tonight when the adrenaline dies down.

Oh how quickly we forget the early 80's when Wrigley was only drawing 10,000 people per game. But you are right, now it is more of a "place to be", which I can understand because it is one of the nicest ball parks in baseball (this coming from a cardinal fan). Oh, and about apple, I agree. Your average user really doesn't care that much about specs or what is new. They just want an iPhone, go to the store, and get it. They don't know anything about the announcement of the new phone. The average Android user is much the same except since there are multiple hardware configurations they are more likely to compare and get the most "capable" device.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

nybmx

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Current iPhone user waiting for the Prime to convert. Any estimates on when it'll be released for AT&T?

Nobody knows for sure. All I know is if it is announced at unpacked that it is going to be released on at&t before christmas I'll probably wait for it. If not then I'm picking up the galaxy s2 on the 11th.

FrozenWind

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
As a VERY frustrated Palm Pre user (the original on Sprint), I was looking forward to the new iPhone. However, the fact that Apple kept the 3.5" screen is ridiculous to me. With all that GPU power on tap, they could've capitalized by going with at least a 4" HD screen. Maybe all of the lawsuits have turned screen manufacturers off to Apple. The Prime has also been on my radar for some time now. I am really looking forward to Unpacked now that I couldn't care less about the 4S. I'm not sure if I can hold out for a Kal-El based phone! :p

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Guys you are forgetting a HUGE feature....CARDS!!!!!!!!!! You can make cards and give Apple even more money for the printing and mailing of those cards!!! lol @ Apple for that but stupid people will love this probably.

Also of course the 4S will sell a bunch because of all the mindless sheep that will buy anything Apple puts out. I used to be one of them and I saw the light and now I'm loyal to who I think makes the best stuff and right now it is NOT Apple.

Siri will be the feature that all the iPhone fans trump and almost nobody uses outside of showing it off or the first week.

So a 2nd FaceTime?

Last edited:

dc1225

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Asterhemorroid, I couldn't agree with you more. Moreover, one of the most important points that android in general seem to "miss" is to largely "educate/informing" the masses. I keep reading that all these new apple features were already "available" on android, who knew?

The problem is that Android/google by and large in general leave it up to these uneducated 69th 48th party websites like www.iaulieura;ecyu;a8tyr8yta;8tyfockme.apple.nexus.cellphone.com websites to educate the people whereas Apple have better control and understanding of their consumers. This seems to be a bigger issue and android should work on more.