The next EVO?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
HTC M7, successor to the One X, detailed: 4.7-inch 1080p, Sense 5, much more ? Unwired View

What do you guys think? 4.7-inch 1080p display, quad-core Snapdragon, 2GB RAM, 32GB storage.

Wake me up when it is a real product on real carriers. Too stressful to think about what MIGHT happen, especially after the huge wait and then delays of the Evo LTE. 1080p on a 4.X" device is marketing crap. Quad core will make no real world difference. 2GB of memory would be nice, as would 32GBstorage (since that is with NO SD, most likely).

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow. When is this thing coming out? For Sprint? I have an upgrade in January and maybe I'll use it for this and give my EVO lte to my girlfriend for her birthday.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't think it's the new evo, haven't seen any sign of a kickstand

One X++ or something? Can't keep up with all the new phones now. Curious to see what's in Sense 5

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Don't think it's the new evo, haven't seen any sign of a kickstand

One X++ or something? Can't keep up with all the new phones now. Curious to see what's in Sense 5

Not all of the Evo devices had a kickstand though.

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, but cold is still probably correct. The kickstand is no longer useless so all new evos will probably have it. No reason for them not to. Besides this Evo is still new, so it's One's turn.

Or maybe its a Two lol

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Wake me up when it is a real product on real carriers. Too stressful to think about what MIGHT happen, especially after the huge wait and then delays of the Evo LTE. 1080p on a 4.X" device is marketing crap. Quad core will make no real world difference. 2GB of memory would be nice, as would 32GBstorage (since that is with NO SD, most likely).

Again, you wrote exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for saving me the effort! :)

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

They made a point of bringing it back with this evo, it's very iconic to the evo, I haven't seen it in any other htc phone yet so I highly doubt they would take it away that quick. I don't know anything you don't so that's just my opinion. That and it looks like there is no SD storage and that is something that the evo got and the one x did not so I would hope the next evo would keep that as well.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
They made a point of bringing it back with this evo, it's very iconic to the evo, I haven't seen it in any other htc phone yet so I highly doubt they would take it away that quick. I don't know anything you don't so that's just my opinion. That and it looks like there is no SD storage and that is something that the evo got and the one x did not so I would hope the next evo would keep that as well.
The Thunderbolt has a kickstand. A piece of junk kickstand, but it was there nonetheless.

In general, though, isn't it a little sad that we're already wanting the next one? It isn't even 2013 yet. Besides, whatever this device is, it isn't the new EVO. It will be the basis for the new EVO, just like the One X was, and the HD2 was for the OG EVO. But if they keep the kickstand and add a microSD slot, it sounds good to me! I don't know if it'd be so much better that I would have to upgrade early, but we'll see. I doubt we'll know at MWC anyway. Sprint will wait for a few weeks after until they announce the new EVO. Unless (unthinkable, I know) they don't release a new EVO next year.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The Thunderbolt has a kickstand. A piece of junk kickstand, but it was there nonetheless.

In general, though, isn't it a little sad that we're already wanting the next one? It isn't even 2013 yet. Besides, whatever this device is, it isn't the new EVO. It will be the basis for the new EVO, just like the One X was, and the HD2 was for the OG EVO. But if they keep the kickstand and add a microSD slot, it sounds good to me! I don't know if it'd be so much better that I would have to upgrade early, but we'll see. I doubt we'll know at MWC anyway. Sprint will wait for a few weeks after until they announce the new EVO. Unless (unthinkable, I know) they don't release a new EVO next year.

You're right. It will be a beefed up version.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Good catch on the thunderbolt.

I'm not dying for the next evo, I think now that my phone seems to be working much better I'm content. I am curious about a few things though like what it will be called... give it the apple treatment and call it the EVO 4G LTE maybe lol. I agree with you that the sd card is major and I don't see myself buying a phone without it, possibly if the phone has 64gb internal but I do like having my sd card.

The only other phone to really has peaked my interest is the sammy note. I think the s pen would have a lot of practical applications for me and I think I might like the screen size. My guess is the next evo will have the same screen size but I wouldn't mind a bump to at least 5". And I want to see what they have cooked up with sense 5.

So what screen size does everyone want with the next evo?

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Good catch on the thunderbolt.

I'm not dying for the next evo, I think now that my phone seems to be working much better I'm content. I am curious about a few things though like what it will be called... give it the apple treatment and call it the EVO 4G LTE maybe lol. I agree with you that the sd card is major and I don't see myself buying a phone without it, possibly if the phone has 64gb internal but I do like having my sd card.

The only other phone to really has peaked my interest is the sammy note. I think the s pen would have a lot of practical applications for me and I think I might like the screen size. My guess is the next evo will have the same screen size but I wouldn't mind a bump to at least 5". And I want to see what they have cooked up with sense 5.

So what screen size does everyone want with the next evo?

5 inch edge lcd

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

The SD card on the LTE has mostly to do with Sprint having unlimited data, and the state of their network at the time of the phone's release. They didn't want people streaming with no data cap in place to discourage them. Speeds were so bad it was hard to stream anyway, but still. The network was over-saturated so putting an SD slot in the flagship phone helped alleviate that somewhat.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Quad core...meh....1080P on a 4.7 inch screen....meh. Unless they get REALLY creative with coding to extend battery life it isn't going to be worth the trade off. About the only real good thing that would be worth the upgrade is the ram. I'll keep my Evo LTE. =)