The Nexus 7 (2013) Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Overheating on 5.1

I just installed 5.1 and now my tablet is running very hot even on simple tasks like browsing web and doing social media. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Gw0lgn

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Overheating on 5.1

I just installed 5.1 and now my tablet is running very hot even on simple tasks like browsing web and doing social media. Has anyone else experienced this?

My nexus 7 2013 ran very hot on lollipop 5.02 but haven't got 5.1 yet.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Overheating on 5.1

Have you taken any steps to troubleshoot? (clear system cache, etc)

Eaton Scrapple

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So far...after my N7 2013 updated...it is a bit faster BUT...the battery life is halved...it spends most of its day AWAKE with the screen off! It may be the Amazon store app.

SECOND PROBLEM: I use wifi N here in the house on devices which can tolerate it. So far the stupid tablet's connection is intermittent. I've restarted the router a couple of times but the tablet all of a sudden decides there's no 5MHZ signal when the router says the transmitter is on! Very frustrating. Mind you, it still could be my router but it's a newer one with updated firmware.

It was rock solid on 5.0.2 fwiw.

osiris355

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So far...after my N7 2013 updated...it is a bit faster BUT...the battery life is halved...it spends most of its day AWAKE with the screen off! It may be the Amazon store app.

SECOND PROBLEM: I use wifi N here in the house on devices which can tolerate it. So far the stupid tablet's connection is intermittent. I've restarted the router a couple of times but the tablet all of a sudden decides there's no 5MHZ signal when the router says the transmitter is on! Very frustrating. Mind you, it still could be my router but it's a newer one with updated firmware.

It was rock solid on 5.0.2 fwiw.

Let me guess... You did not factory reset

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Got the OTA for 5.1 yesterday on my N7(razor). OTA install failed upon reboot twice so I flashed the 5.1 image from the GOOG. We'll see if there are any improvements.

Also...silly question here...since I flashed the factory image with the stock flash-all script, it wiped data as well. Is this data wipe along with firmware install the equivalent of a factory reset?

konawarren

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
No problems after going to recovery and clearing system cache. Maybe a little quicker and after 3 hours of sitting my battery was still at 100%☺

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
No, mwrobe1. The Factory Reset option in Settings is a 'warmer' install - it wipes all data and cache, but leaves the deeper stuff untouched. Flashing a factory image is a 'cold' install. It also replaces all system files, including system binaries and Recovery, so, for example, if you're rooted before flashing the full image, you won't be rooted afterward. Factory Reset will not remove root, although you will have to re-install SuperSU and Busybox.

HTH :cool:

Dmjohn29

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I did differently was to enable wifi when in sleep mode. I had wifi turned off when in sleep mode and every time I manually checked for an update it showed none available. After enabling wifi in sleep mode I had a notification of an update within 30 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4