The official "Biggest Surprises" thread

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If I had to guess I would say that was a unique feature of HTC Sense. Samsung probably does not include it for fear of violating a patent or something.

I don't know of any 3rd party launchers that might duplicate that feature, but I'll check around and see if I can help or at least confirm definitely if it's unique to HTC.

I have an old EVO 4G. I may fire it up tonight to see how exactly it worked on that device to refresh my memory.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I appreciate the assistance. I have been searching around on the web as well trying to find a solution (rather than having to use a 3rd party app).

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my Note II this past weekend on Saturday - International Version. Three pleasant surprises:

1. The music player toggles between album art and lyrics - sweet! (Something iOS on the iPad stopped doing!)
2. Pinching in the Apps or Widgets view shows the multiple screens.
3. I read today that Jelly Bean 4.1.2 is out with new features. What more could they add to the Note 2? How awesome is this device?!

aquahiker

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised how good the sound quality is for the speakers and especially for the head phones. I've stopped using my Sony & Seinnheiser headphones.

Very annoyed the handwriting recognition feature doesn't automatically insert a space after recognizing a word. How annoying to have to tap the space button after each word.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised how good the sound quality is for the speakers and especially for the head phones. I've stopped using my Sony & Seinnheiser headphones.

Very annoyed the handwriting recognition feature doesn't automatically insert a space after recognizing a word. How annoying to have to tap the space button after each word.

I just keep writing and it inserts a space. It only doesn't when you stop. Try just writing an entire sentence continuously,

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

mchlwvr614

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site

You can draw a horizontal line from left to right for a space after each word. Or right to left to backspace.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

relentlessplayer

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My surprise is negative. Since the update,Google voice & twitter do not allow me to see what I am typing while I am typing it. It was nice before the update..not torture! Hahaha..

My positive surprise is I went from rhe gs2 to this, paid the full price..and I couldn't be happier!

relentlessplayer..using the mighty SGH-T889

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Biggest good surprise: How easy it is to hold to your ear and use as a phone; I read so many people saying it was just too big and impossible to use like that. While those who said it was too big to hold and pocket were shot down by others telling them it was not, there was very little defense on the phone usage aspect of it.

I agree with you there. I have a friend that came over to my place few weeks ago. He first saw my phone and exclaim that it too big, he whined how it won't fit in my pocket. I told him that it did fit in my pocket and show him how easily it slide in my demin jeans pocket. I remind you that he have iPhone 4. And I told him it felt comfortable because it rest in my hand perfectly and I be able to type better. I'm a long user of QWERTY from RIM 850 to Sidekick 3.

My biggest surprise is how big difference between Froyo/gingerbread and ice cream sandwich/jelly bean. I love the expandable notification and the Google now. They really work great on my phone. I love how Google keep on expanding their horizon on Android every major version. And love the peanut butter project, it actually made android so fluid than gingerbread.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

laststop311

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Positive: The many many gestures that you just keep on discovering new cool ones like turning the phone over to mute a call ringing, the little notification light on the top, first time I've ever had one, it's so freakin useful.
Negatives: It's spoiled me and now I can never go back to a smaller screen for the rest of my life.

corki2

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Aside from all the cool features I had read about, I was surprised to find that you can use a custom picture as your SMS background. It's the little things. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Aside from all the cool features I had read about, I was surprised to find that you can use a custom picture as your SMS background. It's the little things. ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't know you could do that.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My big surprise was battery life;it's Stellar on this phone. I can get +5hrs of screen time and a full days Actual use of the phone. +1 for Samsung. :thumbup::D

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I forgot one more surprise. I I actually like the stock sms than Go Sms Pro. It did a better job than Go sms pro. I don't use pop up anymore because it really annoying and getting in the way with the game. The stock messaging did a really great job and have similar features as go sms pro have. And plus go sms pro is becoming a premium app since half of the features is premium only.

Sent from my SGH-T889

relentlessplayer

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My surprise is negative. Since the update,Google voice & twitter do not allow me to see what I am typing while I am typing it. It was nice before the update..not torture! Hahaha..

My positive surprise is I went from rhe gs2 to this, paid the full price..and I couldn't be happier!

This is what I am dealing with while messaging using google voice

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357000828656.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357000828656.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 147

rexxcastle

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
There is a little red light by the proximity sensor. If the phone is sitting flat on a surface and you put your finger over it, it will display messages, missed calls, and a battery life indicator for a couple of seconds.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.

For whatever reason i cant seem to get this to work

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I forgot one more surprise. I I actually like the stock sms than Go Sms Pro. It did a better job than Go sms pro. I don't use pop up anymore because it really annoying and getting in the way with the game. The stock messaging did a really great job and have similar features as go sms pro have. And plus go sms pro is becoming a premium app since half of the features is premium only.

Sent from my SGH-T889

I would probably be using the stock program if it had the resend option. Other than that, it's stellar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

aquafusiondane

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Another surprise is how seamlessly using the S Beam and Android Beam with my other friend. Just bump then click and that it. And I like it how it didn't even use the mobile network and it far more reliable than Bump app. Surely it use the bluetooth which make it slow transfer. But it work well. Often when I use Bump, some pictures didn't get transfer and both of us is on a full wifi bar. While S/A Beam will transfer everything.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitezpro