The Otter Commuter Meets The Droid Charge!

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried a cheap VZ Gel case, then a hard gloss gel case neither was that great. I say the OP's shots of the Otterbox and saw one in the kiosk at the local mall and jumped on it. Added a Ghost Armor screen protection and I liek this combo. I do wish the HDMI port had a cover, but do like the increased protection the case offers. I like the buttons being covered, especially the volume and power button as I was always grabing the phone and hitting the power button. The case adds some stiffness making it less sensitive to accidently hitting power and volume buttons. I also like the navigation buttons being covered becasue I like keeping my phone pristine so when it is time to sell, it will look like new.

kgbeezr1

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got this case too, not 100% sure how I feel about it yet. The hard plastic is a little slippery, but I like the way it feels. There is some space on mine between the glass and the piece that covers the buttons at the bottom of the phone, dust will inevitably get in there, but hopefully not too much. I had the Incipio Double Cover case, but got the Otterbox primarily because the ports are covered. From past experience it seems that dust going into ports almost always results in a few specks making their way under the screen, so covered ports I like a lot, and the port covers are perfectly aligned...no issues with the flaps opening on their own. My biggest complaint is that it does make the volume and power buttons harder to activate whereas the Incipio case seems to make them easier to press...it's not as easy to one-hand it. Overall though I think i'm going to hold onto it.

The OP had suggested to wash the inner silicone layer with dish soap as it lessens lint collection and it definitely does help!

MP5_ForTheWin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this with the wireless charging back? I am trying to find out if it will fit... I have the cheap VZ gel case for the moment(fits kinda). But would prefer a better case. I tried emailing Otterbox and their reply was less than helpful.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder