The problems with uploading and downloading files on Android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, new to this site. I just need help with an issue I keep having. I'll try my best to explain, since I'm not great at it.

So, my phone is an LG Stylo 5 and currently runs Android 9.

I had it since December of 2020, and it's been working fine. However, recently it's been giving me a range of problems and headaches, for some reason it's related to my files.

1. I would be on Google Chrome and I download an image/file. Once it's downloaded, it kicks me out of Chrome. Then when I look in apps, the file won't be there (Yet when I try to download it again, my phone says it's still there). There's a weird delay where the image would suddenly appear after a few days. Apparently, it's not just Chrome, it's any software I would download images from.

2. When I try to upload files onto apps, such as Twitter and Discord, nothing would appear. If I stay on the upload page for too long, I would get "[App] isn't Responding" page. Although sometimes when I upload from my gallery app, it would just take a while to load up images. Sometimes on apps, when I am able to upload an image, it kicks me out and doesn't upload.

3. When I go to look at my files (Ex. Google Files app, my Gallery), nothing would show up either.

However, this problem would only happen temporarily, ranging from several minutes to hours, then it's suddenly working again (Only for it to happen again later on).

Yes, I have tried clearing cache and force stopping some apps, but it doesn't really help that much. I have tried restarting too, which yes sometimes work, but the problem would just still happen again.

I don't use any anti-virus/app cleaning software except for SD Card Maid.

I think it's just an issue with Android phones in general, since I had this same exact problem with my old phone (Which is a Samsung J2 Pro). Googling this issue brings up nothing, so that's why I came onto here.

I just want some answers and solutions, please and thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can try couple this
The files download should be in internal storage so check your file manager or download one from play store called total commander. Make sure not going to ad card if you have one.
Do a reset of app preference, go settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap on app preference.
Last see if this happens on both WiFi or mobile data to narrow it down and can try reset of networks in settings.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

1. In the Chrome settings, go to Downloads>Download location. What's the directory listed there? On mine, the default is /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.android.chrome/files/Download, which is different from the standard /storage/emulated/0/Download directory that most apps save files to. You can still access files downloaded by Chrome by tapping the Menu button in Chrome, then Downloads.

If you want to change the download location, then mentioned menu, turn on the "Ask where to save files" toggle (and I suggest using the /storage/emulated/0/Download directory).

2. I agree with mustang7757 about testing on mobile data alone or wi-fi alone, in case there's some issue with the connection you're using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38