"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" help please ??

BigManPete

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
"The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" help please ??

i just started receiving that error message a few days ago. I cant access my contacts list or make calls, i need help ! any sort of solution would be very much appreciated !!

Jordbecks

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" help please ??

Mine started giving me the same message the same day. I read a forum that said to uninstall facebook, turn off sync contacts and clear data for your contacts in applications, but this this not work for me. I have an LG-P999 running android 2.2.2

Rebelsiege

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" help please ??

I have a LGL55C, but had the same problem at the same time. As it turns out, my contacts are sync'd with the phone through Hotmail, and Hotmail has been taken over by Outlook Express. Outlook Express made the Hotmail app that syncs the contacts stop working, and required customers to replace the app with the Outlook Express mail app. Because they did that to everyone who uses Hotmail with their smart phone at the same time (apparently), whenever I tried to install the Outlook Express app, the installation failed. Several days later, I was able to install Outlook Express, sync my Hotmail contacts to my phone through Outlook and uninstall the Hotmail app. Now everything is working, all my contacts are available and I don't get the error message. I think any similar situation, regardless of the type of phone or which email you use, may cause the same error message. In that case, the phone just isn't connecting to whatever email your contacts are stored through.

francesco guadafra

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Anche io ho avuto lo stesso problema. Ho risolto semplicemente disinstallando la app di Hotmail. Ora funziona tutto regolarmente.:)

ropes345

May 18, 2013
Visit site

did u find a fix? i have the same problem

BigManPete

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

IT WORKED !!! i uninstalled my hotmail app and everything was back to normal ! thank you so much for your help !

BigManPete

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

if you have the hotmail app still installed, then you should remove it immediately, as it is the source of the errors. if you dont have the hotmail app, but are still getting errors, i dont know what to tell you buddy. i hope things go well for you !

Catlady DeGarmo

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Thank you so much. I am on a huawei mercury that was having this error & i am not on active phone service with cricket but have over 100 contacts & needed access to them. I will be sending a message to msn about this to get them :dto send a universal message out to all users.

flexpaper

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

i don't have hotmail what else would be the reason for this??

Tay B P

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

I did as well about a week ago and i don't know how to get it off. Plese help i only got it about seven mounths ago so its not that old. And all I've prruty much done on it is read and watch a few videos thats all. But I do have hotmail could that be the problom? I don't get it!:(

gndudeus

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, I experienced this same problem today. So in my case I did not have hotmail but I had 2 possible suspects - facebook and whatsapp. I backed up my contacts on sd card, backed up whatsapp. Uninstalled facebook. That did not work for me. I then uninstalled whatsapp and this worked.

I removed whatsapp, ran an update of my android then reinstalled both facebook and whatsapp and my problem is now solved.

So if it happens to you and you dont have any of the apps I have mentioned start by removing any messaging apps. Remove 1 and try, then move on to the next..if you don't have too many such apps you can get away without having to factory reset which in my opinion is an overkill.

gn dudeus!

Glider Guider

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone :) I experienced this same problem today with my LG Optimus Zip phone.

In my case I do not have Hotmail but I suspected a recent Endomondo update.
I uninstalled Endomondo and eveything worked.
I re-installed Endomondo and got the same error message.
I uninstalled Endomondo and eveything works again.

As gndudeus previously mentioned:
"If it happens to you and you don't have any of the apps previously mentioned, start by removing any messaging apps. Remove 1 and try, then move on to the next. If you don't have too many such apps you can get away without having to do a factory reset which in my opinion is an overkill."

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I tried many things but the only one that worked was that one:
Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly (solved)

"If you go to Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/ then choose the All tab. Scroll down to Contacts open it and clear the data cache. Now do the same again but this time open Contact Storage and also clear the data cache. This issue is related to an Android bug and affects many devices. It's related to apps that use the sync function.

Best regards,

aPadTVadmin"

Vytas GSi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

LG Optimus 2X - same story started one week ago. I have found, that Endomondo app just received new update.
After this "android.process.acore has stopped" appeared, when I want to see or add contacts.
Like Glider Guider advice us, I deleted Endomondo, and everything works perfect.

Siti Sharifah

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

i'm use for samsung ace, but then i've got problem where "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" suddenly come out. I cant access my phone setting, call out and in,,, please help me out this trouble

Farhan Khalil

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

plz explain in simple words...........how to resolve this problem i am having same problem starting from today
thanks i will be waiting

Farhan Khalil

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site

Thierry laurent thank for posting but i checked both places as u methiond but there is no cache........in contacts and contact stoarge ......what do u think what other things can cause something like this

Justin Ruddy

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

i had this problem too. I found that i had two many accounts synced to the phone. eg I had two email address, facebook, viber,whats app and vodafone back up contacts App. So firstly I backed up my contacts onto sim card or SD card. Then i went into contacts-settings and unticked my email addresses on the sync menu.. Then i unstalled facebook and whats app. Phone working perfect since. even after I re installed facebook and Whats app. hope this helps.

anon(8630322)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

For weeks I had a probelm such as this.I must have read hundreds of posts from people that had experienced it, so knew it was identifiable, but how?

I wondered if the message had come about via apps introduced so removed them................message remained.

I had synced my galaxy tab 3 to pick up everything from my laptop and sure enough, all my bookmarks/favourites came over to tablet.

I removed each one of them from my tablet so in effect other than the apps that came with the galaxy, it was empty.

Then I unsynced.

Via Google, I searched for each of my favourite websites, then when they were on-screen, hit the star button and saved them. I did this one by one so at the end, I had exactly the same amount saved as previously, only they hadn't come to the tablet via syncing.

Since then, the message has not appeared and that was 3/4 weeks ago. That tells me that syncing was the issue that caused the message.

PS, I now have to remember to enter things in diary twice, once on laptop and once on tablet.

Tuplanner

May 10, 2014
Visit site

I have a Samsung phone, so I chatted with a representative at Samsung. She had me remove the apps I had recently installed until my contacts worked. Hope this helps you. The trouble maker was The Weather Channel. I had to uninstall and reinstall it within just a few days. As soon as I deleted it, my contacts worked again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110