The ring isn't sturdy

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd say that the IP68 rating might be misleading in this case. Immersion in 1 meter of water is possibly different from the unknown force of water from shower jets. You also have the possibility of steam in a shower, which probably would permeate the case differently.

Bottom line, I'll continue to shower without my watch on.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say IP68 rating is misleading (which implies some deception by whoever certified it as IP68). I think some people just don't understand what IP68 means. IP68 certification only means the device can be submerged in water without damage. There are other IP6x ratings dealing with other types of water exposure. For example, IP69 means protection against high pressure water jets.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just for the record... I went to Best Buy today and handled the display watch. It has the same ever so slight movement of the ring. So, I'm not going to worry about this.

And... I don't shower with my watch on either. :)

kubix_revan

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
As far as I know, the bezel in Gear S2 (I suppose You are not talking about Classic version?) should move smoothly, so the feeling is similar to that ringy touchpad on the iPod classic :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adsnsjwjjwjj9199929