Theme/app to make Kitkat dialer/contacts look like Jellybean? - black background, no icons

walkonby

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The white background on the Kitkat dialer and contacts is burning my eyes. How can I get a black background with white and blue text like in Jellybean?

All the dialer apps I've tried can be made black when you're first dialing a number

BUT -

Once you are in a call and need the number pad, you get the white KitKat style and NOT the app's style.

Also I hate those gigantic colored squares with the capital letter. Not ONE of my hundreds of contacts uses a photo. I don't need those ridiculous huge squares that seem to be made for 5 years olds. I don't need Google to tell me that 'Jones' starts with a J. What kind of moron designs these things?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the phone. If it's running AOSP, the dialer is available. But porting it to other phones might be more than you can handle.

Do a Google search for jellybean dialer your-phone-model, like jellybean dialer S5.

DerDoktor

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the phone. If it's running AOSP, the dialer is available. But porting it to other phones might be more than you can handle.

Do a Google search for jellybean dialer your-phone-model, like jellybean dialer S5.
Did that...no go...lots of stuff for JB to KitCat but no go... Im with Walkonby on this one...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu