Themes and icons

dnj231

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
When you change a theme you get icon changes too, but only for a select few system ones. Is there a way to make them all uniform? I don't see the point if you can't.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Not that I know of. I noticed that different themes change the icon shape, outline, etc. but not the icon itself. I'm a long-time Nova Launcher user, but I've been happy with the native launcher on the G7. So I'll save the extra RAM usage and live without Nova - until I get bored and switch back.

dnj231

Mar 1, 2018
Visit site
Yeah. It's weak. I never liked the whole theme thing in the first place. Cause you can change the wallpaper, icons, etc and still have the theme. The organization isn't good

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, it's weak. But not as bad as a Moto phone. I came from the Moto Z Force and you couldn't even change the font on that thing.

I found a few nice themes that really look good on he G7. Check out Pixel Experience https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.theme.markbencze.pixel.experience and Android P Black https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lge.wsdeveloper.pdroid.g7.black

do both of these allow for custom icon packs? also does the pixel experience have a dark setting?

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
do both of these allow for custom icon packs? also does the pixel experience have a dark setting?
Neither of these themes (nor any others that I know of) will allow custom icon packs. The creator of theme is working on a dark version as well speak.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Neither of these themes (nor any others that I know of) will allow custom icon packs. The creator of theme is working on a dark version as well speak.

hmmm....that sucks....i love the smoke and glass icon pack, it looks amazing with a dark theme.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
hmmm....that sucks....i love the smoke and glass icon pack, it looks amazing with a dark theme.
Just to clarify... When you said "custom icon packs" I was referring to the I icons you would install for Nova Launcher.

LG themes do have their own version of icon packs that can be installed over any theme. But as you mentioned before, they only apply to some apps and not all.

hawklet00

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just to clarify... When you said "custom icon packs" I was referring to the I icons you would install for Nova Launcher.

LG themes do have their own version of icon packs that can be installed over any theme. But as you mentioned before, they only apply to some apps and not all.

ah....ok....well ill most likely give at least one of them a shot. i really like the look of the pixel experience theme, but ill wait for his dark version of it

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There are a few sets of LG icons that are nice enough. I mix then with a theme that has a nice color palette for the settings menu, then I pick whichever wallpaper and AOD icon I want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offline050