There is something seriously wrong with this phone.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I still contend what people define as "severe lag" is actually minor and even unnoticeable for the average smartphone user. I think people set way too high expectations after using so many phones or what not. Just my two cents.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok opening the thread back up. Let's keep the discussion civil and on topic. Help where you can and move on where you cannot. Thank you everyone!

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm so sorry everyone is having issues with their phone. Mine so far is great, as is my wife's. The only complaint I've ever had was with the speaker. I'm a flagship buyer and this is on par with any phone I've ever had, including the s7edge as far as speed goes. I have sped up the animations (because I hate animations) and have disabled a handful of bloat, but before I did that, my Note was still speedy. I've read all the complaints and concluded that either a whole bunch of people are Crazy! Or there must be a bad batch. I'm guessing bad batch, but we'll see.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No one mentioned but restoring any or all of your old profile could be to blame.

Ya know... (mine is running fine) I never even gave that a thought. Who knows what kind of junk could have been caused by a "Full Restore" from a Note 4 or Note 5 that had "Who knows what" on it?

Js2000ster

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I was actually going to mention in my 1st post that it is my initial post because I'm sure it looks fishy. I'm not a troll or a hater. Just telling my experience with this phone for 7 days. This morning my N7 would not let me take a screenshot because it said I was out of memory. I checked storage and it said I had like 14mb free. I was like wth. I rebooted the phone and magically I had 40 gb free and now the phone seems much much better! I think I'm going to stick with the N7 for another week and see how it goes. I'm hoping for the best.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was actually going to mention in my 1st post that it is my initial post because I'm sure it looks fishy. I'm not a troll or a hater. Just telling my experience with this phone for 7 days. This morning my N7 would not let me take a screenshot because it said I was out of memory. I checked storage and it said I had like 14mb free. I was like wth. I rebooted the phone and magically I had 40 gb free and now the phone seems much much better! I think I'm going to stick with the N7 for another week and see how it goes. I'm hoping for the best.
Glad it got out of its funk for you!

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to love this phone so much, but it's just not a good phone. I previously owned the note 2 and then the note 4, both were great phones and when I got the note 4 it felt like a great upgraded model from the note 2. This note 7 feels like a downgrade from my 2 year old note 4! This note 7 is slow, crashes all the time, and is a pain to use. Web pages load very slow and scrolling up and down in a webpage looks terrible, the text is jittery and is not smooth at all. When i take out the spen and do smart select and select an image it constantly crashes. I feel I've been ripped off and I think I need to look into returning it to att. Hopefully I don't get charged a bunch of restocking fees. I don't know, maybe I received a bad one. Maybe att bloat ware ruined this phone?

From what you described, it seems that you definitely have a defective unit? How could the Note 7 even survive any review out there if it is performing like what you mentioned by default?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Ya know... (mine is running fine) I never even gave that a thought. Who knows what kind of junk could have been caused by a "Full Restore" from a Note 4 or Note 5 that had "Who knows what" on it?

This.

My S7e absolutely hates a restore using old data. I have no idea why because it runs the same exact apps with the same exact settings as my S6 did. It just does.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Have you seen Kelly's thread? Have you done and FDR and set it up as a new phone? This seems to have worked for a number of folks that have tried it. I you have any more hiccups, that would be my first recommendation. If that does not work, you need to get on with Samsung+ and see what they can do for you.

This is an amazing device, I hope you get to experience it the way it is supposed to run.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

If it happens again, ignore the amount of RAM free and check the CPU clock speeds and active time (if you feel like troubleshooting, for your own sake and the community at large).

Using most of the ram isn't a problem itself, but it often indicates that you'll have an app or apps hitting the CPU too often and too hard. Android can and will become CPU-bound because of the way it allows background processes.

If that's the case, maybe we can pinpoint one of those rouge apps we keep hearing about. And if an app has issues on the Note 7, there's a very good chance the developers will be quick to fix it if they get reports of problems.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you seen Kelly's thread? Have you done and FDR and set it up as a new phone? This seems to have worked for a number of folks that have tried it. I you have any more hiccups, that would be my first recommendation. If that does not work, you need to get on with Samsung+ and see what they can do for you.

This is an amazing device, I hope you get to experience it the way it is supposed to run.

But the trick is doing a set up as new also after the restore. That seems to be working.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I must eat some crow and recall a similar issue when testing games and adjusting the display res from QHD to FHD, back and forth. My device freaked out and went funky with slow response, but went back to normal after normal reboot. Point being, it can happen.

If you used Smart Switch, that can do more bad than good IMO.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you try hitting it with a stick to see if that fixed it? :D.

You ask that about a phone that gets scratched when a cat looks at it? A stick? You'd break every Note 7 within a mile by swinging a stick at it. Of course, in Jerry's neck of the woods he probably has the only phone within a mile.... so maybe ok?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
honestly, I would factory reset it and manually load your accounts. I did this when I transitioned from my Note 4 and the 7 is running perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103