Things I dislike about the Galaxy S3

tvillan401

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
the one thing I cant stand about the verizon s3... damn thing keeps vibrating when I play music apps over 70% volume. does not do it consistently but when it does its the most annoying god damn thing ever!!! doesn't vibrate like i'm getting a call or text, rather it seems like its trying to vibrate to whatever music is being played. almost like its trying to enhance the bass or something. I cant tell if its a glitch, or supposed to be doing it. maybe take phone back to verizon and about it, I dunno. suggestions?

New2GalaxyIII

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Since having my phone for a few months, I've decided to make a warranty claim on it for the following reasons, lets hope the new phone they're sending me works better:

1. Horrible battery life, battery was in the red after 8 hours yesterday - I'm not a heavy user
2. Reception sucks, continued dropped calls in my normal living area where my Droid X would never have dropped calls
3. wifi-data connectivity - terribly data connectivity, always flat lining my apps, stalling
4. Random freezing to the point where I have to yank my battery

If I were within my 14 days, I'd trade it in and get the Razr MAXX.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Even though I had to send my phone off to Samsung for a few issues I love the phone to death and don't have any reasons to consider anything else. I have a razr maxx and while the phone runs well and the battery life is stellar it's just plain boring compared to the GS3. I'm picking up a spare battery just for emergencies but I'm going to holding onto this phone for at least a year. I like having a backup phone but I'm prob. selling my maxx very soon. The GS3 just blows everything else out of the water. If you have an issue get it fixed or do a warranty swap. I honestly think that it won't be too long of a wait for Jb and when the phone gets it this beast will be unstoppable.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hate the fact every data files downloaded goes to phone memory. There's no way around this unless you're rooted. This is my first Sammy phone. None of my HTC phones did that. EA games data are 1gig+. I have the 16gig version and down to 2gig phone memory. Now i'm seriously looking at the upcoming LG optimus G with the s4 pro. Hope it lands on VZ.

JSE

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Rezound and while I think the Rezound is probably the most underated and ignored android phone out right now, the S3 is just amazing.

But, I have the say the position of the power button and the volume rocker in relation to each other is horrible.

Despite Jobs telling me I'm holding it wrong, I still can't get used to it. I'm constantly muting my phone by accident when I hit the power button. It's really the only thing I don't like about the phone other than the stock Gallery.

Why can't there be a catchall "All Photos" album that has everything on the phone whether it was downloaded, taken with the camera or from some other media? I hate having to go to different albums to see all my photos. Not sure if this is an ICS or Samsung issue but it's really annoying.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
My complaints are minor. I love it but...
1. Too slippery- afraid I'll drop it
2. The constant notification of an available WiFi connection is annoying
3. I often hit the volume button while turning off the display
If those are your worse problems..you have a pretty good phone..I love mine and also hate that WiFi thingy but I can live with it.

MatrixMan

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
There are a few ways to turn off the wifi notification without root. I used the dialer command. Do a search in XDA for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Rezound and while I think the Rezound is probably the most underated and ignored android phone out right now, the S3 is just amazing.

But, I have the say the position of the power button and the volume rocker in relation to each other is horrible.

Despite Jobs telling me I'm holding it wrong, I still can't get used to it. I'm constantly muting my phone by accident when I hit the power button. It's really the only thing I don't like about the phone other than the stock Gallery.

Why can't there be a catchall "All Photos" album that has everything on the phone whether it was downloaded, taken with the camera or from some other media? I hate having to go to different albums to see all my photos. Not sure if this is an ICS or Samsung issue but it's really annoying.

+1

phillysdon04

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got this phone from Verizon earlier this week. It replaced my Motorola Droid X. I bought it solely on reviews, never even went in and saw other phones. Read that it domiates the iPhone, Droid Razor Maxx...etc.

What I dislike about this phone:
1. I do not like that I cannot turn off the notification 'Known Wi-Fi network available. Connect?' when wifi is turned off. You can only disable this when wifi is turned on.
2. I do not like that I cannot turn off 'predictive word' for texting/google talking/emailing, without also turning off T9 Trace (or Samsungs version of SWYPE). I cannot stand that I have to approve nearly every word when swyping, and when I go back and read it prior to sending, it's all jacked up. And if I try to use predictive text to fix a wrong word, it inserts the word in the already bad word, IE: bbad
3. I do not like that the wifi icon is not in the notificiation area. You have to go into Settings to enable/disable wifi.
4 I do not like that the antenna sucks, I get worse reception with this phone that I did my X.

I might return this phone....

Any tips/tidbits that I'm unaware of? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Root your phone and unlock your bootloader

Install another Rom like the SynergyROM

This Rom gets rid of the ongoing wifi notification but you still get the pop up every once in a while.

Enjoy your new 15 notification toggles and many other new features
Screenshot_2012-08-30-20-40-52.png

I can't help you with the antenna but you can try another keyboard like Swype Beta because it has the option to turn off the predictive word feature
Screenshot_2012-08-30-20-57-03.png

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Since having my phone for a few months, I've decided to make a warranty claim on it for the following reasons, lets hope the new phone they're sending me works better:

1. Horrible battery life, battery was in the red after 8 hours yesterday - I'm not a heavy user
2. Reception sucks, continued dropped calls in my normal living area where my Droid X would never have dropped calls
3. wifi-data connectivity - terribly data connectivity, always flat lining my apps, stalling
4. Random freezing to the point where I have to yank my battery

If I were within my 14 days, I'd trade it in and get the Razr MAXX.

Return yours, it's defective.

I can easily get 8 hours of battery life.

Also this phone holds Wi-Fi signal better than my EVO

I don't get the freezing issue.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

skiman447

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to add a couple of issues I've had with my S3 and see if anyone else had encountered them or has solutions.
1) When attaching photos to text messages, I randomly but frequently get the error message that the file type is not recognized (even though the picture was taken with this phone) and the photo will not attach. I have to reboot the phone after which it usually works but very annoying.
2) I tried to pay my car registration over the phone the other day which required going through multiple branches of a phone tree (press 1 for this, 5 for that, etc.) and ultimately led to entering my CC#. When I got to the step of entering the expiration date it was as if I had somehow "overloaded" the phone's capacity to accept further keypad inputs. It wouldn't accept any more numeric inputs and the screen would go instantly black everytime I tried to enter something. I thought it might be a problem at the other end so I tried again with exactly the same result at exactly the same point in the process. I did it again on my landline phone with no problem.

Anxious to hear thoughts from the forum.

Reddragonjh

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
To turn off the wifi pop up to tell you about available WiFi.
Dial *#6335623# (star-pound-6-3-3-5-6-2-3-pound) Disable button. Back out. YAaaaa no more popups

stellaannpryor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
2. I do not like that I cannot turn off 'predictive word' for texting/google talking/emailing, without also turning off T9 Trace (or Samsungs version of SWYPE). I cannot stand that I have to approve nearly every word when swyping, and when I go back and read it prior to sending, it's all jacked up. And if I try to use predictive text to fix a wrong word, it inserts the word in the already bad word, IE: bbad

I felt the same way but good news:
Click on:
Settings
Language and Input
Under the Keyboards and input methods click the cog next to Samsung keyboard
touch Predictive text it needs to be "on"
I have everything unchecked except Spell correction

This should work...it was driving me insane the other way. now if i could figure out why i have to charge my stupid battery after very few hours I'd b happy :)

ABTsportsline

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love my new Galaxy phone! My only "complaint" is that I can't adjust the volume of the notifications (email, text, Whatsapp, etc). It seems the volume rocker on the side of the phone adjusts ringtone volume, and when talking earpiece volume - but not notifications volume. At least it doesn't on my phone. I'd love to be able to not have notifications ring so loud it sounds like it will blow the speaker.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my new Galaxy phone! My only "complaint" is that I can't adjust the volume of the notifications (email, text, Whatsapp, etc). It seems the volume rocker on the side of the phone adjusts ringtone volume, and when talking earpiece volume - but not notifications volume. At least it doesn't on my phone. I'd love to be able to not have notifications ring so loud it sounds like it will blow the speaker.

When you adjust the volume with the buttons look on the screen at the settings icon. Go there and you can change individual volumes.

Or settings, volume.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

uturn1200

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I cannot stand predictive text!!!! Had the Samsung Fascinateand one other with Swype. It works so well. Kind of assumed it would be on the S3. I find myself going back and redoing most words. Tried a couple Swype type apps. Better on the Swype but the voice input stinks on those. Can't win.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I cannot stand predictive text!!!! Had the Samsung Fascinateand one other with Swype. It works so well. Kind of assumed it would be on the S3. I find myself going back and redoing most words. Tried a couple Swype type apps. Better on the Swype but the voice input stinks on those. Can't win.

You can win with Swiftkey 3. I did. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky