Thinking about ditching my One X

Wickedone82

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had the one x for like 2 weeks or so and have really liked it for the most part. I have had alot of network issues from wifi not working correctly , bluetooth being buggy , random power offs and many other things. how ever the one thing that i has me on the edge of trading this back in and getting the skyrocket or the note from samsung is the volume on the phone. notifications , rings everything related to volume has been horrid. I have missed many calls and texts because of the volume being so quiet. I even bought a case with a clip so it is on my side and still in my work place it doesn't cut it.
Any suggestions , opinions anything would be appreciated.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
For me volume has been great, I have anthem as my ringer and it's so loud that i can easily hear it anywhere. Text are kind of low, but I haven't changed the default tone as I like the light notification. I can understand though about data issues, my wifi is horrid after 1.85 and I'm seriously thinking of getting a Sg3 because of it and the blue tooth :cool:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So far my phones been good. Blue tooth is annoying but I have no lte yet. I'm waiting for 1.85 to be released.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
1.85 isn't the fix you're all hoping for. Been running it for over a week and all the bugs are still there - Multitasking, Radios, WiFi .. nothings been fixed.

Trading mine for an S3 soon as they come to the US.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Samsung phones have bad radios. Everyone I've ever had I've had issues with them the sg3 will be no different. My gnex had it as well. Just saying. I would suggest a factory reset . I've herd that helpes. Me I've had no issues with my phone. Best phone I've ever had.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I also have had an issue with WIFI, particularly when I put the phone to sleep and somehow WIFI shuts itself off. However, when I get it up again, the WIFI starts back up. This is odd, and possibly a battery saving measure as I can imagine.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I also have had an issue with WIFI, particularly when I put the phone to sleep and somehow WIFI shuts itself off. However, when I get it up again, the WIFI starts back up. This is odd, and possibly a battery saving measure as I can imagine.

This is a software thing. My Evo 3D did this. If you go into your WiFi settings I think there is an option to keep WiFi on at all times. Plus a "Best performance" option too. Just keep in mind it may kill your battery more!

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
This is a software thing. My Evo 3D did this. If you go into your WiFi settings I think there is an option to keep WiFi on at all times. Plus a "Best performance" option too. Just keep in mind it may kill your battery more!

Thanks, man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
For the record I do have instances where I get lost signals on my carrier for the One X but those are very few and far between. Probably due to carrier issues though and not the phone.

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
ATT seems to have nicely f**ked up the One X. I won't buy carrier branded phones anymore. I have the international Tegra 3 One X and have not noticed any of these issues. Phone has been working like a dream since day one.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
ATT seems to have nicely f**ked up the One X. I won't buy carrier branded phones anymore. I have the international Tegra 3 One X and have not noticed any of these issues. Phone has been working like a dream since day one.

+1
No issues here too

Sent from my International HTC One X.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

I have an AT&T One X and haven't had any issues since day one.

I actually have 3, all work perfectly. Bluetooth works, no wifi issues, no reboots.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Lol I just discovered air sync and doubletwist on my HTC One X and now I have my iTunes bought music on it...my love for it has increased tenfold !

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Lol I just discovered air sync and doubletwist on my HTC One X and now I have my iTunes bought music on it...my love for it has increased tenfold !

Love doubletwist with the wireless sync.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
It appears to me that this thread and the other one that was started by someone that was returning their HOX must be severely in the minority. When you go to sites like this: The Best Phone News and Phone Reviews | PhoneDog it's clear the One X is the favorite, especially by the People's choice.. Of course, the GS3 hasn't been released in the US yet, so it will be interesting to see if the HOX holds its own in the next month or so.

Regardless, it would appear that those who are having issues may lead to some inconsistencies in the manufacturing with a group of defective units getting into the hands of forum members here. I would imagine there are more than one factory doing the manufacturing too which further complicates things.

I am hesitating to get a One X for the simple reason of the sealed back. Having had to exchange my iP3G no less than FIVE times for battery issues, it makes me nervous, especially since Apple WILL do an exchange after the warranty is over, while its unlikely HTC would.. enough said.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Ive actually had three different one x's and each has had the data issue. I installed the update to 1.85 that briefmobile posted and the issues have been a bit more limited from before. I went from the one x to the skyrocket and I actually liked the skyrocket but was not a fan of going back to 2.3.6 after having 4.0.4 on the one x

So I am back on the one x...contemplating the s3 though if it comes out before my 30 days are up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte14