Thinking about getting the t bolt..

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the revolution. Im not really liking it at all. I have a few days untill my 15 day return time ends, should i get the t bolt? I know battery life isnt the best, but i can deal with it.

Should i have any issues with returning the revo and getting the thunderbolt? I know i'll probably have to pay a restocking fee and the difference for the t bolt. Should i just tell them i just dont like it?

Thanks for any input!

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to return it as long as your within your return period. If you don't like the revolution, if I was you I would consider the Bionic which is due this week.

judpma012

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
T-Bolt is a great phone,,,,,you'll deal with the battery. I use an extended...little bulky but no battery problem all day....if bulk is the problem just have an extra battery or a couple chargers easy to get to.....

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
got it today. WOW! Its a nice phone. First day, fully charged at 3pm est, about 40% left as of now. with moderate use!

Anyone know of any over clocking kernels i can use with the stock rom?

ReiMei

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly there is no reason to get the Thunderbolt anymore. There are better lte phones now. The soon to be released Bionic. I wouldn't recommend the Thunderbolt as it's not worth the worry.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have had my TB since early June. Only issue had been battery life. Unless the Bionic release date is within your 15 days, I would personally go for the TB. The Charge and Revolution were both out when I decided to go with the TB, after watching the forum traffic here.

Mine is stock, not rooted.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I am really loving my TBolt. I would even go so far as to say I would rather have the TBolt over the Bionic. Let me explain...

First point is the screen. I know I am going to get flamed here, but my opinion is the AMOLED+ screen looks better than a qHD pentile. No ghosting, and darn it, green is green. Not green and black checkers.

Second point is the UI. Sense is way better in my opinion than any other interface created for any other platform. The app drawer on the Bionic scrolls side to side instead of up and down. Nit picky, but I don't like it.

Third point is it is my money, not yours, purchasing my phone. So my opinion matters more to me than yours. It really is that easy.

A lot will be said about processors and benchmarks and what not. The simple fact is this phone is plenty fast for what I do with it. I have never had a problem with NetFlix, Skype, HBO Go, Angry Birds, etc not running properly nor have I experienced any lag whatsoever. That tells me that even though there are "faster" phones out there, obviously I haven't found a need from a performance perspective to upgrade. That being said I do plan to jump on the Vigor like white on rice on a paper plate with a glass of milk in a snow storm when it comes out...

I suggest going to the store and playing with one. If you like it buy it. If you don't, pass. Good luck on your decision.

Reactions: boyer61

boyer61

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
does the thunderbolt have an AMOLED screen?

my fiance just got an iphone 4 and she's been rubbing it my face since the day she bought it.. She told me to get an iphone. I lol'd.

my t bolt has been up for 7 hours and awake for 2.5, battery is around 70 %. More than enough battery life for me!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the screen is actually TFT capacitive touch screen, which is a form of SLCD (Super Liquid Crystal Display). The Vigor is rumored to have a 1280 x 720 so I am assuming it will be some form of amoled +. Surely I will be corrected, however. That is kind of a leap on my part...

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It uses a SLCD screen. The colors are more warmer and not over saturated compared to Super Amoled.

Agree. While the blacks on amoled screens blow away thunderbolt, the colors on the thunderbolt seem much more realistic. The amoled screens (fascinate, charge) just are too saturated for my liking. Some people love that pop though. Personally, I go for the more subdued.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1