Thinking about grabbing one?

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Specs look pretty good on the device, granted not the top of the line for what is available today, but for $360 off contract, or $100 on contract, can you really go wrong with a 4 inch LTE device?

I think I will be heading to my local Verizon store to check this thing out and see what it is all about, what about you?

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I work for Verizon and have been messing around with one for a good week now. I like it. It's decent for what it is. Only 256MB of internal app storage though which is a bummer, but then this isn't a powerhouse device by any means. Also, I'm not sure if it was just our demo device, but the camera quality was rather poor.

My favorite aspect of this phone, however, is that you can choose between the Pantech customized launcher or just stock 2.3 Gingerbread...although it's not 100% pure Android since some of the apps like messaging and music are Pantech's. Still, all things considered, good 4G phone.

Reactions: GramieDroid

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I grabbed one of them last night, pretty nice device. Definitely like that you can turn off Pantech's launcher, and the minor tweaks they made don't really bother me.

Would love to see the ability to change the icons on the lock screen, but for a 4G LTE device, at the price, it is a steal.

My camera appears to be pretty good in the images that I have tried.

There is 512MB of RAM and 390MB of internal memory. I don't put much on my devices, and I move what I can to the SD. With all my apps that I run, I still have 183MB of free space.

NotoriousNeo

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps our device was just slightly more overstuffed. Let me know how it performs for you. My limited time with it has left a good impression. I'm hoping it'll become the defacto budget Android I recommend to my customers.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
So far I am really enjoying it. For the price, even off contract I don't know that it can be beat. The off contract price is similar to some on contract, and what is the big difference?

Internal memory for some users, but to people who just want a 4G device, a nice screen size, and a good device, I would recommend.

Full review will be coming up, but as of now, I give it a thumbs up!

GramieDroid

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I bet this phone is gonna be really popular with teens and young families. They don't have a whole bunch of money to lay out sometimes for a smartphone but they want to have cool phones .

ehowes33

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
i actually got one of these today and it seemed pretty awesome until i started downloading apps and now my sd card says its damaged and then says its blank plus theres nothing on the internet to tell me how to even attempt to fix it. therefore, not so great.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Sounds like it is just an issue with the SD card, you can reformat on your PC or head to Verizon and they will replace the SD card for you.

I have not seen anything like that yet.

doomcrew

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
My only issue with the phone so far is during texting. On my MotoDroid (first one) the predictive text was 99% perfect and had zero issues with it. This phone on the other hand I have to save almost every word I type, even though they are in the user dictionary already. I mean, I had to save "did" but dildo was the suggested word? seriously? Any ideas how to fix?

anon(255332)

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My only issue with the phone so far is during texting. On my MotoDroid (first one) the predictive text was 99% perfect and had zero issues with it. This phone on the other hand I have to save almost every word I type, even though they are in the user dictionary already. I mean, I had to save "did" but dildo was the suggested word? seriously? Any ideas how to fix?

Best solution to fixing Keyboard problems is to download a different Keyboard app. my Personal favorite is Smart Keyboard Pro (has a full featured free trial version). Thumb Keyboard isn't bad either, and Go Keyboard is another really good free option.

-Tm

badgermobile

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I just bought one and noticed that it only has 376 MB of RAM as opposed to the advertised 512 MB that's been posted officially on Verizon and all other tech websites.

I also played with two different Breakouts at two separate Verizon stores, and all three (mine + 2 store phones) have 376 MB.

Could you guys check yours (for those who bought one) to see if you have 376 MB or the advertised 512 MB?

Thanks.

bucherm

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I just bought one and noticed that it only has 376 MB of RAM as opposed to the advertised 512 MB that's been posted officially on Verizon and all other tech websites.

I also played with two different Breakouts at two separate Verizon stores, and all three (mine + 2 store phones) have 376 MB.

Could you guys check yours (for those who bought one) to see if you have 376 MB or the advertised 512 MB?

Thanks.

Probably the same reason why(for example) the Droid Bionic doesn't have a full 1GB of RAM...some of it is always going to be taken up no mater what.

So there'll be 512MB worth of RAM chips in the phone, but it's unlikely you'll ever "see" it.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a good phone for those not using a ton of memory heavy apps, I may tell my mom to grab one. She just wants something for email, internet and pandora.